By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Gaming Series Should Just Die ?

mario party.. blaahh.. tired of those.. and any sonic game that involves anyone more than sonic, tales knuckles and robotonick!

Need for speed too...brrr

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
ramses01 said:
Easiest question to answer in forever. Anything and everything Nintendo!!!

Yeah......no. I wonder what the gaming industry would be like this generation without Nintendo. Some say better, but I say that there will be VERY few companies left the day Nintendo dies. Anyway I think the OP is looking for valid reasons, not "Because I hate the company that makes it."

It is my honest opinion that Nintendo has been ruining gaming since the 80s.  I can honestly say that I detest N as company and completely loath the crap they try to pass off as games. 

Silent Hill, Need for Speed, and Crash Bandicoot. So many series from the 90s are just overstayed their welcome.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

ramses01 said:
sc94597 said:
ramses01 said:
Easiest question to answer in forever. Anything and everything Nintendo!!!

Yeah......no. I wonder what the gaming industry would be like this generation without Nintendo. Some say better, but I say that there will be VERY few companies left the day Nintendo dies. Anyway I think the OP is looking for valid reasons, not "Because I hate the company that makes it."

It is my honest opinion that Nintendo has been ruining gaming since the 80s.  I can honestly say that I detest N as company and completely loath the crap they try to pass off as games. 

May I say that most of this "crap" becomes standards for genres. If you hate "the crap" they put out, you should also hate pretty much everything else that is put out. This is unless you are a PC gamers, which is probably not as Nintendo based.

mortono said:

The Sims
Halo
Madden
Metal Gear Solid
Final Fantasy
Guitar Hero
Grand Theft Auto
World of Warcraft

Basically all series where there are 4 or more versions out and the gameplay is basically the same as it was in the first game.

Goin by your reason, you should leave some of those out, like Final Fantasy or MGS

Around the Network

any series that isnt rated 90 or higher (89 is ok but they need to improve the one after that)

Guitar Hero and Rock Band
Final Fantasy (there are too many games)
MGS series
Sims

MY ZELDA COLLECTION
Gearbox said:
any series that isnt rated 90 or higher (89 is ok but they need to improve the one after that)

Nice standards there, huh?

Crash needs a rebirth in Naughty Dog hands.

All Crash games made by NG were phenomenal. I don't even consider non-NG crash named games part of series.

So if anything, Activision Blizzard should sell to Sony the rights for Crash so we can see a true phenomenal plataform. Since Crash1, 2, warped were all better than Mario 64. And Crash team racing was better than Mario kart 64.

solidpumar said:
Crash needs a rebirth in Naughty Dog hands.

All Crash games made by NG were phenomenal. I don't even consider non-NG crash named games part of series.

So if anything, Activision Blizzard should sell to Sony the rights for Crash so we can see a true phenomenal plataform. Since Crash1, 2, warped were all better than Mario 64. And Crash team racing was better than Mario kart 64.

Spyro needs a rebirth, much more than Crash does imo. The design of the Crash games are too dated to be loved again, so I think if they do bring the series back to it's glory, it should be in a different but innovative/great style. Spyro on the other hand has the problem of being bombarded with useless gameplay. Just look how much they are whoring out the powers in the games now. It won't be long before we see Meteor breath or Rock breath (if they haven't done it already?)