By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Gaming Series Should Just Die ?

Wii = Wii games but only because to me they are games you play for 10 minutes but pay full price for.

PS3 = Resistance. Or else make the 3rd one good like the first. Other than that, Uncharted so that they can make Jak and Daxter again

360 = Halo since the 3rd one had epic online. But I hope they don't start milking it too much.

Around the Network
mes, splinter darthdevidem01 said:
Gundam

then halo, madden, nhl, baseball games, splinter cell, etc. TOO.the "american gundams".

All the games you like, because they suck. :P

Pixel Art can be fun.

I don't mind if a series gets milked especially in the sense of Madden or Mario.
Madden at least its a new football season it feels like its part of the football season. It gets a pass. Granted though they could easily have you download an add on pack every other year for the roster, schedule, stadium, and uniform updates. I have a problem with the spin-offs that EA does though such as the NFL head coach, or the NFL street (those should be modes available in the Madden game)

Mario it sure gets milked but in Nintendo's defense they are always high quality games even if they are practically just a continuation of a previous version. They get a pass.

I can agree with the Wii Sports / Fit series if they aren't going to do anything more then make what amounts to a demo with it and definitely the Sonic series as the last Sonic game I bought was one of the worst games I had ever played.

1. Sonic! Sonic! Sonic!
2. Gundam
3. Dynasty Warriors
4. Medal of Honor (Why have you fallen so far?)
5. Duke Nukem (Stop teasing us)

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
Around the Network

Wii series games, because they bring in t3h evil casual gamerz.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89

Spyro the Dragon, Crash, and i know im going to be hated for this, but Banjo Kazooie. The first two's latest installments never had a roaring success, and the way they made Nuts and Bolts IMO alienated many fans due to it not being a *true* platformer. If they keep this up,its not going to get any better and plus the sales are horrible.

Madden. Because I hate sports games.

Gran Turismo and Forza, because I hate realistic/semi-realistic racing games.

Sonic has done a little bit better with Unleashed, and needlemouse seems good, so I'll spare Sonic.

Wii Music series (it will never get a sequel it needs to die before it's even turned into a series)

Imagine series. Party Babys... WHAT?!

Command and Conquer. Tiberian Sun was the last great C&C. RA2 did not have the epic feel of the first RA, and then after the takeover, EA tried to emulate what made the first games good in C&C3, but it's just not the same. C&C needs to rest in peace, or the IP needs to be sold to Petroglyph (old westwood).

Paper Mario. I Want Super Mario RPG2 :(

Call of Duty. Because Battlefield and MAG style FPS are so much more fun than CoD style FPS.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Wii games because they are fun. And fun is obviously bad.
Other than that:
Mega Man
Spyro
Crash Bandicoot

The Sims
Halo
Madden
Metal Gear Solid
Final Fantasy
Guitar Hero
Grand Theft Auto
World of Warcraft

Basically all series where there are 4 or more versions out and the gameplay is basically the same as it was in the first game.