By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 to sell over 15 Million LTD or only over 10?

atma998 said:
ZorroX said:
Hus said:
..... GT3 came out on a 12 million user base.

or are facts like that omitted for convenience of your opinion.

GT5 will release on a 3 times bigger user base then GT3

Hehe, atma998 OWNED.

atma998 said:
But the thing is PS2 sold 25 million units by year  in average in the two years following GT3 release

Also, how do you know, that PS3 won`t sell 25M per year following GT5 release? Came back from future? I see you as being only negative towards GT5 and PS3 sales. Even all facts in favour of GT you are trying to downplay. Why is that?

Why is that? Simply to be realistic. There is a difference between what you would like to happen and the reality. PS3 won't make a come back and GT5 won't reach 10 or 15 million. I don't have to be a fortune teller to know that, I just simply have to look at the market. There is no doubt GT5 will be a great AAA title but to think it will reach those type of numbers is just delusionnal.

So PS3 won`t sell even 60M LTD on which GT3 did around 15M? What so unrealistic in 60M+ LTD?

ZorroX said:
So 600k during PS3 slim launch week is nothing?
Selling around 250k+ every week since slim launch is weak brand?

Do you remember what PS3 sales people predicted for slim first week and first month?
PS3 lost its position in NA, but it`s still VERY strong in Europe and Japan.

And have MGS4 taught you anything?

Around the Network
ZorroX said:
atma998 said:
ZorroX said:
Hus said:
..... GT3 came out on a 12 million user base.

or are facts like that omitted for convenience of your opinion.

GT5 will release on a 3 times bigger user base then GT3

Hehe, atma998 OWNED.

atma998 said:
But the thing is PS2 sold 25 million units by year  in average in the two years following GT3 release

Also, how do you know, that PS3 won`t sell 25M per year following GT5 release? Came back from future? I see you as being only negative towards GT5 and PS3 sales. Even all facts in favour of GT you are trying to downplay. Why is that?

Why is that? Simply to be realistic. There is a difference between what you would like to happen and the reality. PS3 won't make a come back and GT5 won't reach 10 or 15 million. I don't have to be a fortune teller to know that, I just simply have to look at the market. There is no doubt GT5 will be a great AAA title but to think it will reach those type of numbers is just delusionnal.

So PS3 won`t sell even 60M LTD on which GT3 did around 15M? What so unrealistic in 60M+ LTD?

ZorroX said:
So 600k during PS3 slim launch week is nothing?
Selling around 250k+ every week since slim launch is weak brand?

Do you remember what PS3 sales people predicted for slim first week and first month?
PS3 lost its position in NA, but it`s still VERY strong in Europe and Japan.

And have MGS4 taught you anything?

Like I said before, the problem is when PS3 userbase will reach 60M+ LTD, nobody will care about GT5. Why do you think games like Mario Kart Wii is selling incredibly well? Simply because Wii is selling like hot cake right now and people who are buying a Wii take a copy of MK Wii in the same time. I know that MK Wii is destined for a larger audience than GT and will have more legs but the basic principle is there. Same for Halo.

GT4 still sell 3.5k per week on PS2 - Almost 5 years old game.
Halo 3 still sell around 20k on x360 - 2 years old game.
GT5P sell around 15k on PS3 - 2 years old demo/Prologue.
And GT > Halo.

What makes you think, that GT5 won`t sell around 20k per week, when PS3 will reach 60M LTD???
Since when nobody cares about GT5? Are you from moon?

When? Pretty much before the end of 2012.
This means, that PS3 will sell in 2010, 2011, 2012 around 10M per year on average even if it reaches 199$ price.
That is 30M + 3x10M = 60M LTD by the end of 2012 in worst case.
And if you think, that by the end of 2012, after 3 years nobody will care about GT5. Are you being delusional or just negative about PS3 and GT5 sales?

ZorroX said:
GT4 still sell 3.5k per week on PS2 - Almost 5 years old game.
Halo 3 still sell around 20k on x360 - 2 years old game.
And GT > Halo.

What makes you think, that GT5 won`t sell around 20k per week, when PS3 will reach 60M LTD???
Since when nobody cares about GT5? Are you from moon?

When? Pretty much before the end of 2012.
This means, that PS3 will sell in 2010, 2011, 2012 around 10M per year on average even if it reaches 199$ price.
That is 30M + 3x10M = 60M LTD by the end of 2012 in worst case.
And if you think, that by the end of 2012, after 3 years nobody will care about GT5. Are you being delusional or just negative about PS3 and GT5 sales?

You don't want to listen don't you?

3.5k/week = 182k/year, not a big deal and what make you think GT > Halo? We're not in 2001 anymore. Halo 3 is still selling 20k like you said despite the release of ODST and at this rate it would take 4.5 more years of sales to reach 15 million pretending it remains at this level of sales which is obvious it won't.

Thinking that GT5 will continue to sell meaningful numbers more than 2 years after its release is just completely delusionnal. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Still nothing more then opinion as fact, rather ignorant one at that.

Kid your the one that does not want to listen.

There's no point in this, just go away until you get that your opinion is not fact, you have no points you have no facts to disprove what any one else posts. You just say the opposite and that's it.

Around the Network
Hus said:

Still nothing more then opinion as fact, rather ignorant one at that.

Kid your the one that does not want to listen.

There's no point in this, just go away until you get that your opinion is not fact, you have no points you have no facts to disprove what any one else posts. You just say the opposite and that's it.

LMAO

Man, all that I've said was facts backed by numbers and examples. I don't know what you don't understand, maybe you dont have the skills required to understand basic logic. Btw you still ignored my other points. Well, I guess you prefer to stick your head in the sand rather than facing reality, kid.

Oh from scratch.

Why wont GT5 break 10 million, something you said in this thread.

Back it up by facts, intelligent ones. 1 10 20 how ever many points you want, go for it.

But back your reasoning with reality, real facts not twisted bs. Intelligent posts. No stupidity like GT3 sold on a 135 million user base.

hell start a new thread if you want or just post it in here. Go dude.

Without some serious bundling I doubt it will reach 50% of Mario Kart Wii's sales by the end of this gen.
Looks really nice though.

Hus said:
Oh from scratch.

Why wont GT5 break 10 million, something you said in this thread.

Back it up by facts, intelligent ones. 1 10 20 how ever many points you want, go for it.

But back your reasoning with reality, real facts not twisted bs. Intelligent posts. No stupidity like GT3 sold on a 135 million user base.

hell start a new thread if you want or just post it in here. Go dude.

Then you just have to read my previous posts. But you won't be able to understand since you seem to lack the required skills to understand simple logic.

You may also take a look at this article:

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=5831

This could help you to understand some basic facts.

Unfortuntely, PS3 ecxlusives are not big with the ps3 owners. If you look at other excluives e.g. uncharted 2, the sales are disappointing.

It realy surprises me that us ps3 owners used to make such a big fuss about not having quality excluisives. Now we have the best exclusives and no one buys them.