By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 to sell over 15 Million LTD or only over 10?

ZorroX said:
jarrod said:
ZorroX said:
jarrod said:
ZorroX said:
^ What wow effect had Halo 3? GTA 4?
Anyway, in 5 weeks FFXIII will be released, though Uncharted 2 sales already showing some positive signs.
And MGS4 won`t stop selling. It will be over 5M next year.
GT5 will sell over 1M in Japan, maybe 2M+.

MGS4 sales dropped off a cliff after launch.  It's only going to get a push when it's a GH rerelease, and even then it won't come close to MGS1/2 figures.

1m for GT5 in Japan is unlikely, 2m is frankly impossible.  This isn't Mario Kart.

MGS4 sold better than MGS3 on a smaller userbase. MGS4 still continue selling, it probably will be 4.5M-4.7M on VGC after this Christmas and 5M+ LTD on Konami site. And selling additional 1.5M in next 3 years with average 10k per week, which include 3 Christmas boost is nothing impossible.

GT5 is first full GT game, which will have full Online mode. Nobody cares? We shall see.

MGS4 was well overshipped upfront.  It did outperform MGS3, but it had far heavier promotion too and wasn't coming off MGS2's mixed reception.  I think it's similar to what happened with DMC2/3/4.

And stop putting words in my mouth, of course people will care about GT5.  About 7-8 million of them. 

So are you saying, GT5 promotion will suck? I don`t get it. What will stop GT5 from selling 10m+ LTD?

Gran Turismo is more popular, than Halo. Gran Turismo 5 to sell over Halo 3. Easy.

Again, stop putting words in my mouth.  I didn't say anything of the kind, and frankly I fail to see how 7-8m sales isn't impressive for Gt5 when put in context.

Also, GT isn't necessarily more popular than Halo.  It was more popular than Halo, but I'm not sure that's actually the case today.  

Around the Network

IMPO I believe it will do 2 million first week and LTD 10 million easy (I did not buy prologue, but I am buying GT5). I believe alot of people felt the same way, just wait for the full release as I have done.

GT5 wont make it to 2 million in Japan. I´m sure about that. Anyone who thinks it will is...
a) Setting themselves up for a major dissapointment.
b) Hasn´t really been following the japanese trends in sales this generation (and previous ones)

GT5 could make it to the million in Japan but it´s no way a sure thing. It will help if it´s bundled. The forthcoming bestprice release will also help some but don´t expect anything much over the million.

i think it will sell about 11 million.

It's easy.
GT5 will not sell to half the PS3 owners.
No title on any platform has ever achieved a 50% attach rate without being bundled with every console......

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

LMFAO i'am so saving this thread to gloat and stick it to many of you later.  remember Br vs hddvd lol.

Its like basic logic is to much to ask for from many of you.

The most basic facts like.

First GT of a gen always do best, especially in Japan.
Prologue did 4.1 million, a demo out did its best competitor. Franchise is as strong as ever.
How other racing games do means nothing to GT. GT is one of its kind, Other genres have top games racing has only tone king.
GT is the biggest exclusive this gen.
Most complete GT ever.
and many other.

@Ail, PS3 won`t stop selling at 27M. By the end of 2012 it will probably reach atleast 75M.
And 15M is only 20% of attach rate.
And GT5 is biggest PlayStation franchise.

+Now GT5 will be first full GT game with Online mode, which i think will also be huge selling point compared to previous games.
Not just amazing graphics, but also online mode.

@samus aran rules, PS3 sold only around 4M in Japan, that isn`t a big userbase,
but i expect it to reach atleast 8M by the end of 2012.

@zorrox

75 million? The ps3 will be lucky to have that at the end of its life span. IMO not going to happen by 2012.

I can't believe this thread is back. LOL...

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

damndl0ser said:
@zorrox

75 million? The ps3 will be lucky to have that at the end of its life span. IMO not going to happen by 2012.

Is some basic math asking to much of you.

2009 - 30 million
2010 - 42
2011 - 55
2012 - 70

Or just ad a safe 10 million each year and you still get a nifty 60 million.

damndl0ser said:
@zorrox

Just like PS3 won`t sell 600k during first week of PS3 slim launch? Or over 1M in first 3 weeks? Or that PS3 will stay at around 250k+ after PS3 slim launch? I remeber people saying it will go below 200k or even 150k.

32M PS3 owners by the end of 2009.
45M PS3 owners by the end of 2010.
60M PS3 owners by the end of 2011.
75M PS3 owners by the end of 2012.
And somewhere in next 3 years PS3 will have 249$ price and maybe even 199$. Also with games like Gran Turismo 5, AGENT, FFXIIIv and maybe some other big system sellers.

PS3 is still strong in Japan, especially with high 3rd party support next year. It has VERY strong position in Europe. PS3 only lost some market share in NA, but in rest of the world it still is doing good compared to competitors.

I don`t expect GT5 to sell 10M in first year, but GT5 will have some good legs and sell a lot.