By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ridiculous IGN FIFA 2010 review.

Fifa 10 will be the best football game ever, IF they fix the glitch in the demo where the CPU constantly chips your goalie.

PES has been crap for years now. Let it rest in peace!

Around the Network

heres the shocker, you and the ign reviewer MIGHT have DIFFERENT opinions :O

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Hyruken said:
Obviously not because if you were you would know Fifa plays more like football then say PES does.

I used to be a massive PES fan. I still to this day think PES5 will be my favourite footie game.

But the things we used to hate Fifa for we liked in PES. Fifa was all arcade and felt wrong.
Now it is the other way round so naturally again we prefer Fifa. I can admit that, nealy everyone on the PES board can admit that, so why can't you?

Konami said they were taking the series back and starting from scratch last ear like Fifa did for 08. But this year it is even worse then last, they did not take it back. PES2010 is the worst football game i have played.

Eurogamer summed it up best
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/fifa-10-review

"If last year saw FIFA knocking PES off its perch, this year it's chasing it around the birdcage with a plank of wood and a sledgehammer."

If you truely prefer PES2010 over Fifa10 then of course that is your opinion but don't assume all PES fans agree with you because we don't. Only way Konami will get better is by telling them how it really is.
Fifa10 is a great game and deserves the scores it is getting because it has built up over three seasons to this point, each time improving. Where as PES2010 will get 7 reviews because it has gone the other way.

I don't get it, if you like PES more than FIFA, you're not a football fan? That's utter non-sense.

People have preferences, and it's not some random internet person who has the right to judge whether you are more or less of something than you trully are.
I could probably tell you more about football history than you probably will ever learn in your life, and just because i like PES more than FIFA, i'm not a fan? Try to have a little more respect the next time, i know that what you said wasn't issued to me, but as a PES fan, a FIFA casual player and a massive football fan, i took serious offense to what you just said, because that's the mentality nowadays ("Either you like FIFA, or you're not a football fan")
So if you want a rebutal, i'm here for you to test my football fandom to the limit if you want.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

That IGN score is totally justified, the game is fantastic. I have been a fan of PES since PES 4, and I thought I would never go back to FIFA, but EA have delivered, and Konami haven't. The game just feels right, and it feels head and shoulders above PES 2010, and while I got both last year, I am going to give the nod to FIFA, ironically, it is the one that now feels smooth, and allows you to play fast attacking moves. Unfortunately, it doesn't have the team formation menus of PES, which I love so much

darthdevidem01 said:
Neoraf said:
tombi123 said:

I seriously don't understand how they can give it a 9.5 for Gameplay. I've played the demo and its average at best. Certainly not the most realistic football game, like they suggest. The annoying thing is, I know they are going to give PES 2010 an 8 at best :/

It is not a football game. FIFA is a soccer game.

Madden is a football game.

NO FIFA is a Football Game

MADDEN is an American Football game

Football came before American Football

Soccer doesn't exist

Soccer doesn't exist?

What is this then? Major League Soccer website

In North America (The New World), Soccer exist.

My Gaming Setup

Around the Network

IGN seem to be on crack lately , but i'll try the demo

I was also a diehard PES fan really.. PES5 FTW!!! i despised fifa, but my cuzin forced me to play it, and i have to say, thank God he did. It made me realize how PES was just the same version with updated graphics, it feels so one dimensional and lame.

Fifa for me this year

I thought Fifa 09 was the best Football game I had played since Winning Eleven 7 on the PS2. So if FIFA 10 is better then 09...WOOT!

FIFA 10 is way better, a massive improvement over last years one, so many of the small problems have been ironed out! But I still have issues with the changing player system, but other than that it feels much better, so much better

its currently at 92 on metacritic 0-0

mM