By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sales numbers are not always indicative of a game's quality.

I've seen a lot of people talk about how quickly ODST outsold Killzone 2, however a quick search on this site will yield you many examples of how sales numbers do not directly reflect a game's quality.  Mediocre games such as Wii Music (2.62 million) and Sonic and the Secret Rings (2.06 million) are just a couple of examples.  Let's go in the other direction.  An outstanding title such as Boom Blox hasn't even cracked a million.  I used Wii games as examples because the Wii is full of mediocre titles with huge sales and outstanding titles with lousy sales.  Don't judge a game based on sales numbers.  ODST outsold Killzone 2 in 24 hrs.?  So what!  I'm not saying ODST is mediocre.  I've read several positive reviews.  I'm just saying play Killzone 2 before you judge.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

Around the Network

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/obvious

Damage control topic? >_>

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

Carl2291 said:
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/obvious

U crack me up, Carl!

Durrr.

Around the Network

Sometimes you need to state the obvious because some people just refuse to see it.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

dougsdad0629 said:
Sometimes you need to state the obvious because some people just refuse to see it.

Agreed.

I have to agree with this. Super Mario Bros. 3 sold more than Super Mario World which is just a tragedy.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
I have to agree with this. Super Mario Bros. 3 sold more than Super Mario World which is just a tragedy.

What?  SMW sold over 3 million more than SMB3.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

U SRS? NO WAI.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.