By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Brand new Forza 3 demo SCREENSHOTS!

Played the demo a couple of days ago, my impressions:

1. The graphics were not that impressive. It didn't make me marvel like Gears of War 2 did, and the cars didn't look nearly as smooth as the screenshots would indicate. Environments were pretty good, I suppose, but the focus was supposed to be on the cars. They disappoint me.

2. It could just be that I've become detached with racing sims, but I found the demo quite boring to play.

3. I know it's a demo, but they could have not picked some of the most boring cars ever.

Around the Network

lol, GT5 lacks detail. What do you want them to do, put a bunch of pretty rocks in the middle of Tokyo?

You know, Forza 3 will have some plain looking tracks too. That says nothing about the graphics, though. Why not compare GT5 to the city tracks I've seen in some Forza videos?

have you seen London in Prologue? It's stunning.

FKNetwork said:
Cthulhu said:
Ok if you want to continue living in your dreams then yes Forza3 looks better than GT5

for the others please compere these two and tell me what you think

1. Gran Turismo 5 Gameplay: Mercedes SLS AMG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w76dGdY0CY

2. Forza Motorsport 3 Demo - Quality Test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ITQ7Itpc9A

I am very sorry but i dont know how to embed them, if anyone cares pls post them

Forza 3 looks much better but you have used a rubbish quality video (forza 3) against a very good quality video (gt5), very fair that......

Here is a better quality video of the Forza 3 demo, skip to 3:05 for racing action.

i just noticed when in car view and you look back there is zero rear car render.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Cthulhu said:
^^ I rest my case

No even with this video, forza3 does not look better than GT5

it clearly doesnt, with only 8 cars on track and zero incar rear view.

whats funny is that its only this one mountain track that people are getting jumped up about, they constantly compare it all the time, which makes me think this is the best looking track they have in forza 3 hence why turn10 want to show this off all the time.

there will be bland looking tracks in forza 3 also,

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

--OkeyDokey-- said:

lol, GT5 lacks detail. What do you want them to do, put a bunch of pretty rocks in the middle of Tokyo?

You know, Forza 3 will have some plain looking tracks too. That says nothing about the graphics, though. Why not compare GT5 to the city tracks I've seen in some Forza videos?

have you seen London in Prologue? It's stunning.

Yeah first we need gameplay shots. ( Not official release shots from photomode, I have played prologue for probably a total of 10 or so hours ).

Problem is GT5P looks ok for scenery in city scapes. Because it's enclosed. Look at the shot above. The buildings are right on the road edge. Saying that even in the off screen video of New York in Forza 3, it's very apparant that there is much more detail and draw distance is huge.

Around the Network

to my point eariler. why always show the camino track, obviously it looks nice, in fact the other 2 tracks to to be a diff game.^

best physics ever.^

Skeeuk said:

best physics ever.^

Funny glitch. I love the way he waits until they've come around to lap him to pop it back up.

Skeeuk said:

to my point eariler. why always show the camino track, obviously it looks nice, in fact the other 2 tracks to to be a diff game.^

best physics ever.^

Come on Sheeuk. Every game has glitches until final release. Also we already know that the Lemans track and desert track shown in those videos were released early to show track variety. It's early footage. Turn 10 already confirmed they were no where near fianlised versions of those tracks. We know all tracks look awesome. So far we have seen basically final versions of Almafi Coast, Fujima Kaido, Camino and NewYork. Those 4 look amazing . I'm sure soon we will see final versions of the desert and eman among others.

Here is a crash with out glitch. Check out the amazing physics.

Skeeuk said:

best physics ever.^

LOL! That's so funny! Looks like someone flipped a turtle.

libellule said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h3w9sS8iZQ&feature=player_embedded

2 years old and still dominating the FM3 demo ... Did I mention the lighting ? or the 16(?) cars on race ?

I have yet to see the report saying FM3 looks better than GT5 ...

LMAO, if you really think GT5:P looks better than Forza 3 in that video you linked you really do have vision problems.....