By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Brand new Forza 3 demo SCREENSHOTS!

JaggedSac said:
libellule said:
Forza may end up eating GT5 in all the departiment (who knows ....)

at the end, graphically, GT5 > GT5pro > Forza3

funny how they put less cars on race and those ones are uglier lolll

also, yes, the cockpit view is too close.

Advice to Turn10 : next time, dont release a demo ...

Your ranking seems to be a bit off.  View image to see even bigger differences.

This post is very important.

Noone can honestly say that GT5P has better graphics. Also it seems GT5 has the same scenery engine. According to Destructoid the same textures etc appear in GT5 at TGS09. Now either you believe the engine can be changed in 5 months or you belive that in the 4+ years already developing GT5 you think that the last 5 months will not be about further building an engine. Something that usually happens in the first phase of development. Like I mentioned city tracks hide scenery flaws, as it's closed in.

Around the Network

I think its GT5>Forza 3 >>>>GT5P when it comes to graphics

FKNetwork said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
and not lopsided marginalizations from one of the internet's most anti-360 communities.

What are you trying to say lol

This site has been taken over by N4G

selnor said:
JaggedSac said:
libellule said:

Noone can honestly say that GT5P has better graphics. Also it seems GT5 has the same scenery engine. According to Destructoid the same textures etc appear in GT5 at TGS09. Now either you believe the engine can be changed in 5 months or you belive that in the 4+ years already developing GT5 you think that the last 5 months will not be about further building an engine. Something that usually happens in the first phase of development. Like I mentioned city tracks hide scenery flaws, as it's closed in.

first, I based my comment on some of the ugly sc posted by selnor.

second, let's say FM3>GT5pro, after all, FM3 dominating a 2 years old game make sense ...

third, I do agree that city track are easier to display than open environnement, and I agree that FM3 environnement are really good.

but, if we concentrate on car model GT5 beats FM3 (and like I said "funny how they put less cars on race and those ones are uglier")

and he is not alone : http://www.videogameszone.de/aid,695999/Need-for-Speed-Shift-gegen-Forza-3-Grafik-Check-mit-dem-Audi-R8-und-Porsche-GT3/News/

Also, if u are playing FM3 for the environnement, then, you should buy a PS3 to play Safari ...

Time to Work !

libellule said:
selnor said:
JaggedSac said:
libellule said:

first, I based my comment on some of the ugly sc posted by selnor.

second, let's say FM3>GT5pro, after all, FM3 dominating a 2 years old game make sense ...

third, I do agree that city track are easier to display than open environnement, and I agree that FM3 environnement are really good.

but, if we concentrate on car model GT5 beats FM3 (and like I said "funny how they put less cars on race and those ones are uglier")

and he is not alone : http://www.videogameszone.de/aid,695999/Need-for-Speed-Shift-gegen-Forza-3-Grafik-Check-mit-dem-Audi-R8-und-Porsche-GT3/News/

Also, if u are playing FM3 for the environnement, then, you should buy a PS3 to play Safari ...

It amazes me how many people didnt read about those screens I posted. They were screen capture software. Which always show a lower quality. Gmaersydes screen captures of GT5P and PGR4 were quite horrid. Compare those screens to those on their site and it's very easy to see FM3's superiority.

I agree that Polyphony have put alot of engine graphics into the cars. And yes it's a car game. But 90% of the time your driving you are looking at the track not the cars. You need to have a balance on a whole. So far based on the FM3 demo and a couple of TGS09 write ups, FM3 ha the OVERALL graphical superiority as well as the physics advantage. What ompressed me was seeing a car roll hit the wall and flick over onto the bonnet of another car causing it to flip forward. Before another car spinning it like a top. Amazing footage. It seems so far as a whole FM3's engine is superior. Now engines are created in the first part of development. From the write ups, GT5 is 5 months away. On top of that the write ups continue to say currently it has quite a few framerate issues and the same scenery issues as prologue did. ( The city track looks the same as Prologues city track details. )

Another thing is the shadows and lighting. They have it looking great on the cars. And I mean great. But scenery seems to not have real lighting and shadows the same as GT5P. Lots of the scenery in GT5P was missing shadows and 3d mapping. I expect to see similar results on open tracks in GT5.

Personally the cars in FM3 are not that far behind in visuals ( to me it looks like colour is the issu, one has deep colour the other washy colour ) but it's everything else that FM3 does quite alot better. Thats why overall it has to go to FM3 imo.

Around the Network

Selnor you're funny.

JerCotter7 said:

Selnor you're funny.

Why do you see the same GAMEPLAY shots of GT5P as I see? Even the latest GT5 TGS09 OFFICIAL GT5 shots show no shadows and 2d imaging in that game. So am I wrong?

selnor said:
JerCotter7 said:

Selnor you're funny.

Why do you see the same GAMEPLAY shots of GT5P as I see? Even the latest GT5 TGS09 OFFICIAL GT5 shots show no shadows and 2d imaging in that game. So am I wrong?

I never mentioned GT5 did I? I just find it funny how you blatantly think every aspect is better than GT5. I have only played GT5:P So I can't comment on which game is better. Also I think the interior in GT5:P looks real. But GT5 or Forza 3 could be better. But since I didn't play with them I'll just give my opinions on the game I did play.

JerCotter7 said:
selnor said:
JerCotter7 said:

Selnor you're funny.

I never mentioned GT5 did I? I just find it funny how you blatantly think every aspect is better than GT5. I have only played GT5:P So I can't comment on which game is better. Also I think the interior in GT5:P looks real. But GT5 or Forza 3 could be better. But since I didn't play with them I'll just give my opinions on the game I did play.

Actualy above I did say I think GT5 wins for cars. But is the trade off for scenery worth it? I guess that depends on the consumer. :)

selnor said:
JerCotter7 said:
selnor said:
JerCotter7 said:

Selnor you're funny.

Actualy above I did say I think GT5 wins for cars. But is the trade off for scenery worth it? I guess that depends on the consumer. :)

Sorry my mistake so. Carry on. Personally I don't think the difference between the games is that much. I'm just a fan of GT and have had every one since the first.

I'm sure Forza is just as good to the people that want that as well. If I had a 360 I would get Forza but I don't game enough anymore to buy a second console.