By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - European Users: How well is PS3 selling in Europe?

You really need to source your information.

Around the Network

mridul said: in UK you have to pay $150 in order to pre-order. amazon FRANCE sold around 2k ps3s at LAUNCH. www.amaon.co.fr so the LAUNCH event doesnt convey the right message. around 500k ps3s are already sold which surpasses what x360/Wii sold in a whole launch week period(350k)
If you have to pay $150 to pre-order I would anticipate that scalpers would wait until morning (when the stores are not crowded) to walk up, pay for their system and then return it ... Anyways, do you have a source for your numbers? I remember seeing every PS3 fan claiming that 400,000 PS3s were sold on launch day in North America and later we found out that Sony only shipped 200,000 ...

take it easy mridul ... i don't believe any numbers the REAL numbers we will see in the end of this year ...

Vienna said: a party (like in prague) with 1000 ps3 and 200 people is everything but not a big party fishyjoe you are right - preorders are no real sales but the truth will hopefully come out once :)
in PRAGUE and ITALY ps3 is completely sold out. in prague u had more than 500 people in the launch.

HappySqurriel said: mridul said: in UK you have to pay $150 in order to pre-order. amazon FRANCE sold around 2k ps3s at LAUNCH. www.amaon.co.fr so the LAUNCH event doesnt convey the right message. around 500k ps3s are already sold which surpasses what x360/Wii sold in a whole launch week period(350k) If you have to pay $150 to pre-order I would anticipate that scalpers would wait until morning (when the stores are not crowded) to walk up, pay for their system and then return it ... Anyways, do you have a source for your numbers? I remember seeing every PS3 fan claiming that 400,000 PS3s were sold on launch day in North America and later we found out that Sony only shipped 200,000 ...
but this time we had no shipment issues. vgcharts itself is claiming around 500k to have been sold on the launch day...By the end of this week i expect to see something around a million.

Around the Network

Again, where is your source. You are spewing out numbers with no references.

mridul said: Vienna said: a party (like in prague) with 1000 ps3 and 200 people is everything but not a big party fishyjoe you are right - preorders are no real sales but the truth will hopefully come out once :) in PRAGUE and ITALY ps3 is completely sold out. in prague u had more than 500 people in the launch.
aehm ? did you READ the link YOU posted ? there is written 160 people !!! i was so nice and wrote 200 to make you happy but the 500 is really funny stay on earth... i personaly don't care if the ps3 fails - iam interested in FACTS not in lies ... so please post the source with references ...

mridul said:but this time we had no shipment issues. vgcharts itself is claiming around 500k to have been sold on the launch day...By the end of this week i expect to see something around a million.
Yeah but did the shipment issues cause fanyboys to lie about numbers? Even if we take the 500,000 number to be low and assume 750,000 as the number of systems sold on launch day there is no way the PS3 would break a Million this week. When everyone can pre-order a system without worries about it selling out most people who want the system at the current price, with the current feature set and current games will likely buy it on the first day ... at the end of today Sony will have (probably) sold 90% of all of the systems they will sell in Europe in March ...

Everyone, its pretty obvious that by now that Mridul is Washimul. So arguing with him is pointless. Why does everyone forum have a guy like him? He is the Sony version of Cubeboy/XD Engine from the AMN forums. For those of you that have never been to the AMN forums, Cubeboy/XD Engine does the same kind of crap Washimul does. Get banned, changes forum names, and trolls continuously. The only difference between the two is that Washimul is a fervent Sony fanboy and Cubeboy is an insane Nintendo fanboy. I just hope a MS version of these two doesn't show up. The result would be a fanboy paradox that would wipeout the entire universe

here is a german link from the famous site heise.de http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/87286 strange that there is written only 100000 ps3 are shipped to germany/austria/switzerland so germany got only about 80000 pieces ? hmm... @Darc Requiem ... fanyboys are sometimes really strange but when the ps3 also fail in europe (time will tell) he will see it is useless to flame...