By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - European Users: How well is PS3 selling in Europe?

Darc Requiem said: Everyone, its pretty obvious that by now that Mridul is Washimul. So arguing with him is pointless. Why does everyone forum have a guy like him? He is the Sony version of Cubeboy/XD Engine from the AMN forums. For those of you that have never been to the AMN forums, Cubeboy/XD Engine does the same kind of crap Washimul does. Get banned, changes forum names, and trolls continuously. The only difference between the two is that Washimul is a fervent Sony fanboy and Cubeboy is an insane Nintendo fanboy. I just hope a MS version of these two doesn't show up. The result would be a fanboy paradox that would wipeout the entire universe
yea according to you .......anyone who is pro-SONY is WASHIMUL. then KWAAD and WASHIMUL should have been the same guy????

Around the Network

Vienna said: here is a german link from the famous site heise.de http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/87286 strange that there is written only 100000 ps3 are shipped to germany/austria/switzerland so germany got only about 80000 pieces ? hmm... @Darc Requiem ... fanyboys are sometimes really strange but when the ps3 also fail in europe (time will tell) he will see it is useless to flame...
The LAUNCH PARTY looks pretty decent there . However we wait for a confirmation of that 8k figure from some reliable sources. i am sure we would be obtaining real sales figures by the end of the week.

HappySqurriel said: mridul said:but this time we had no shipment issues. vgcharts itself is claiming around 500k to have been sold on the launch day...By the end of this week i expect to see something around a million. Yeah but did the shipment issues cause fanyboys to lie about numbers? Even if we take the 500,000 number to be low and assume 750,000 as the number of systems sold on launch day there is no way the PS3 would break a Million this week. When everyone can pre-order a system without worries about it selling out most people who want the system at the current price, with the current feature set and current games will likely buy it on the first day ... at the end of today Sony will have (probably) sold 90% of all of the systems they will sell in Europe in March ...
i said around a million........not a million. thats pretty obvious. Given the high price point no one is expecting ps3 to reach 1m on LAUNCH DAY. However i agree with you . By the end of MARCH , SONY would be very close to that 1m mark or might reach it.

mridul said: thats pretty obvious. Given the high price point no one is expecting ps3 to reach 1m on LAUNCH DAY. However i agree with you . By the end of MARCH , SONY would be very close to that 1m mark or might reach it.
I think you should re-read my post ... I was implying that Sony will be (about) as close to a million today as they will be at the end of march ...

mridul said: yea according to you .......anyone who is pro-SONY is WASHIMUL. then KWAAD and WASHIMUL should have been the same guy????
i think pro-sony is different from sony-fanboi. my friend was ultra pro-sony.....until he tried the ps3. anwyays, about kwaad and washimul...interetingly enough, i think both have been banned?

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

Around the Network

mridul said: Darc Requiem said: Everyone, its pretty obvious that by now that Mridul is Washimul. So arguing with him is pointless. Why does everyone forum have a guy like him? He is the Sony version of Cubeboy/XD Engine from the AMN forums. For those of you that have never been to the AMN forums, Cubeboy/XD Engine does the same kind of crap Washimul does. Get banned, changes forum names, and trolls continuously. The only difference between the two is that Washimul is a fervent Sony fanboy and Cubeboy is an insane Nintendo fanboy. I just hope a MS version of these two doesn't show up. The result would be a fanboy paradox that would wipeout the entire universe yea according to you .......anyone who is pro-SONY is WASHIMUL. then KWAAD and WASHIMUL should have been the same guy????
i some way iam missing kwaad ... :(

Vienna said: i some way iam missing kwaad ... :(
LOL i agree. for me at least, he says things that i would like to make arguements back to and it's fun at times. i never dealt with washimul so i dont know if he was annoying or interesting.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

HappySqurriel said: mridul said: thats pretty obvious. Given the high price point no one is expecting ps3 to reach 1m on LAUNCH DAY. However i agree with you . By the end of MARCH , SONY would be very close to that 1m mark or might reach it. I think you should re-read my post ... I was implying that Sony will be (about) as close to a million today as they will be at the end of march ...
we will soon see . But i firmly believe that SONY would come agonizingly close to 1 m by the end of MARCH. Not all stores were open last night. Only a few retailers across Europe staged a midnight launch party.

mridul said: Vienna said: a party (like in prague) with 1000 ps3 and 200 people is everything but not a big party fishyjoe you are right - preorders are no real sales but the truth will hopefully come out once :) in PRAGUE and ITALY ps3 is completely sold out. in prague u had more than 500 people in the launch.
Ehm CR only received 1000 PS3 consoles so not strange it was sold out soon then

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

I don't mind arguiung. But if you bring in numbers and present them as facts, then you should clearly state where you obtained that information. Just having a link to Amazon or a vague reference is not proof of anything. Unsubstantiated numbers: vgcharts itself is claiming around 500k to have been sold on the launch day...By the end of this week i expect to see something around a million. in UK you have to pay $150 in order to pre-order. but in most parts of EUROPE u have to deposit $50/100/150 to do a pre-order.