By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - European Users: How well is PS3 selling in Europe?

mridul said: yea according to you .......anyone who is pro-SONY is WASHIMUL. then KWAAD and WASHIMUL should have been the same guy????
Nice try Washimul. You writing style gives you away. I wasn't the first one to realize who you really were. You/Washimul are far worse than Kwaad. Kwaad actually did have some nice posts, he just had a tendency to post a lot of flame bait and then feign innocence when a flame war broke out. As for anyone who is pro-Sony being "Washimul". Thats an insult to the pro Sony posters who we have on this forum. Static posts a lot of pro-Sony opinions. Unlike you. He composes them intelligently and doesn't have a need to twist numbers to make them appear favorable for Sony. Heck, I wouldn't insult Kwaad by calling him Washimul. At least Kwaad posted topics worth debating on. BTW Vienna, Washimul makes me miss Kwaad too

Around the Network

Hus said: either all of you are idiots or really really big nerds. Any of you actually waited let alone camped out of a console..... ????? i love god of war 2 but it took me a couple days after they called me it was in to actually go get it (you know people have lives out side of games)
And some people don't take gaming so seriously that they have to do damage control for sony. It's just a funny world we live in

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

FishyJoe said: vgcharts itself is claiming around 500k to have been sold on the launch day...By the end of this week i expect to see something around a million.
Well, you have to be carefull, what sold means. Everything Sony sells is to resellers how much of these finally go to the Endconsumer is a very different number. What you can clearly say: PS-3 are very far from selling out and the consumer excitement is pretty limited. This is clear so far. Together with the informations that Sony shipped far less than the expected 1 million doesn't look too promising. (Hardly a surprise, when you look at the price tag.)

In Norway there are availanle consoles. Wii on the other hand is still sold out even though the console was released 3 and a half month ago Regarding lines, at midnight i think 4 stores where open in downtown Oslo(which is the Captial) there was a line of 40 people at one store but no lines at the others. In the mroning there where some lines at the big Circuit City type stores, but when i stopped by one of them on the way home they still had stock.

In Poland release is rather quiet. Price is very high for an average guy (actually PS3 costs around average month salary here ~800$). I talked to shop assistant in Media Markt and she told me that they got 30 units (first shipment) and they already sold 6 units (9.30 a.m to 1 p.m). Same situation in many shops. Many stores offers installment sale (0%) and most people buy PS3 in that option because of high price. All retailers I've talked to are satisfied as for now. Edit: I think 30% - 50% of all shipment will be sold till the end of march.

Around the Network

Well have now checked 40 online argos stores , nine had stock the rest had sold out as of 1930 . Excellent news here in the uk and its not pay day till next week . I expect a 80% plus sellout this weekend and almost all gone by next Sat .

Proud owner of Ps4/3ds xl/pc/vita/wii u and others.

Gamer till I die

kars said: FishyJoe said: vgcharts itself is claiming around 500k to have been sold on the launch day...By the end of this week i expect to see something around a million. Well, you have to be carefull, what sold means. Everything Sony sells is to resellers how much of these finally go to the Endconsumer is a very different number. What you can clearly say: PS-3 are very far from selling out and the consumer excitement is pretty limited. This is clear so far. Together with the informations that Sony shipped far less than the expected 1 million doesn't look too promising. (Hardly a surprise, when you look at the price tag.)
I wasn't saying it. It was something that MrIdul/Washimul posted without any data to back it up, amongst other unsubstantiated claims.

I only can say about Belgium, there were a lot of people especially in the store Game Mania (Belgian users will know it) not everything was sold but I think around 70% has been sold this night.

i'll give you some details about ps3 launch in switzerland now. as i anounced, i went to basel today around 5 p.m. and took a look at two stores to see how ps3 is selling. first, i went to a huge store (media markt). when i came in, i already saw around thirty ps3 behind an info deck. i think that were the ones that had been pre-ordered. in the gaming section of the store, there were again around thirty ps3 and while i was there, i saw nobody buying one. i then asked a shop assistent how ps3 sells. his answer was: dragging. he said that they expected more and that there were much less people at the midnight party then they expected aswell. interesting was that i saw nobody from sony in the store. when wii was launched, somebody from nintendo was there and today, an xbox-guy was in the store. it seems that microsoft really tries to beat sony during their launch. after that, i went to a small game shop. there was also a tower of ps3's but while i was in the store (it was not more then a quarter of an hour) i saw at least six guys buying a ps3. they had all preordered their console. i then asked the shop owner if he's content with the launch and he said he was. this seems to show what we already knew: ps3 sells good to hardcore gamers and bad to casuals. btw. while i saw more than hundred ps3 today, i just saw eight wii's, five in media markt and three in the game shop.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Well, I have to say that Sony might break my 1st week prediction. I said in a few other posts that it would not break 600,000 in March. But, it just might get over that hurdle. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I like the A-F grading chart... I think it fits.