By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Let's talk sales! ODST sells more in 24 hours than KILLZONE in 29 weeks!

Zizzla_Rachet said:
I think everyone need to remember just how many people on here were saying that ODST would not sell the way it did...Game over....2 mill in 24 hrs...Plain and simple!

Those are Sony fanboys for ya. They'll never learn that Halo is the 2nd most successful shooter on consoles (only behind Modern Warfare).

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
The Anarchyz said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
I think everyone need to remember just how many people on here were saying that ODST would not sell the way it did...Game over....2 mill in 24 hrs...Plain and simple!

People said that about a Halo shooter??? where was i when this happened...

I was in the Halo Wars discussion where people discussed sales of this game, but i didn't knew about a ODST thread where people were saying that it wouldn't sell the way it did... I was guessing less than Halo 3 because it was an expansion later turned into a full game (and without the Chief), but i was sure that it was gonna pull big numbers...

It's just common sense, Halo shooter = big sales...

Hmmm.evidently, you stayed above the fray, because there were ALOT of people posting as to how Halo ODST wouldn't sell well...maybe 3-4 million LTD...there was a TON, and if you don't remember, you need to do some searching...top right...search site...Halo ODST.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

huaxiong90 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:

Those are Sony fanboys for ya. They'll never learn that Halo is the 2nd most successful shooter on consoles (only behind Modern Warfare).

Technically Halo is the most successful Console shooter... Modern Warfare did a nice job trying to catch up but Halo 3 still sells... looking at it from a single SKU perspective

And would you expect Halo to do poor in sales ? I'm not counting Halo Wars since that wasn't a FPS.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

There was proof that the Halo name is not enough to sell a bazillion copies. Halo Wars, though it sold a lot for a console RTS.
But if It's a FPS it will obviously sell millions. They should try a TPS.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network
Cueil said:
huaxiong90 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:

Technically Halo is the most successful Console shooter... Modern Warfare did a nice job trying to catch up but Halo 3 still sells... looking at it from a single SKU perspective

Suppose that's fair enough. Still, I stand by my opinion that Halo wouldn't sell as much as it did on Xbox if it were multiplat.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Are people really bagging on KZ2's gameplay while comparing it to Halo3???

Sad... I've played both online... Halo feels as generic and basic as they come... and there's very little about the maps, weapons or vehicles that encourage any level of strategy or team work like Killzone2.

Comparing the Xbox1 to PS3, halo didn't have nearly as much competition on the xbox that killzone 2 did on ps3. Also Kz2 was advertised well but not near the level of Halo3. It also didn't have prequals that sold like halo 1 and 2 did.

That's just my opinion.

4 ≈ One

I find this thread funny even though I don't care about Halo. Most of the people in here getting angry are Sony fanboys because the "halo-killer" got killed by Halo, ROFFLE. After spending every waking moment scrutinizing the sales of specific Wii games, you sort of lose the right to whine about the same being done to a PS3 game hyped as the second coming.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

lol almost 300 replies. Face it, a lot of people actually think Halo 3 and ODST are GOOD games

Yeap. How much did Killzone 2 cost to make? It also had a stupid amount of commercials for it (bot no Killzone Mountain Dew. I was disappointed :() in the US. Yet it only managed to do what ODST did in 24 hours.

Also ODST got pretty high reviews for what is considered a "expansion".

The only game to come close to Halo in terms of sales and fan liking is Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.

It's just that simple.