By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Let's talk sales! ODST sells more in 24 hours than KILLZONE in 29 weeks!

A trophy!? Trophies are only mandatory in threads made in 2009. Achievements are available in every thread (except indie threads).

I'll accept it, though.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Mirson said:
CGI-Quality said:
Mirson said:
CGI-Quality said:

Well, Killzone 2 wasn't just a pretty face. Many people know that.

If you want to talk about marketing, send Sony an e-mail. Otherwise, I can't say for certain why it wasn't advertised properly. For someone claiming to be neutral though, you can't possibly tell me that this thread is something you salute...

I never said I liked this thread, and when did I claim that I was neutral?

So you DO choose sides? I knew it!!!!!

I'm just messing with you bro, but you have to admit this threads purpose is rather shady...

I'm an HD gamer like Neoraf :p - I just bought a PS3 slim today.

Yeah, it's flamebait, but I just wanted to say my piece before it got locked.

Conratulations on your purchase

You forgot the "g". "G" is the 7th letter of the alphabet.

FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE CONFIRMED!

Okay, this thread's even had a crazy rumour. Can it be locked now?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

bonkers555 said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
We can be quite sure there will be a Halo 4 and a 5 too, there is without any doubt a very strong Halo fan community amongst XBoxers. Sony really can't do anything against it (and most probably doesn't even try, despite what blindest fans wish), the most sensible thing it can do is to try to build as many strong fan communities it can for its exclusives, but it's likely the biggest ones won't be for FPS games, that's XB territory. The only one that can screw Halo is MS itself, it keeps total control on it. So the only person in the world Halo fans must be afraid of is Ballmer Oh yeah, then Halo is really screwed, I didn't realize it, silly me!

@ the bolded

Resistance 1

Resistance 2

Killzone 2

Mag

I say Sony is trying really hard if you ask me.  I willing to bet we will see a Resistance 3, KillZone 3 and MAG 2 before PS4.

Sony is making shooters. What does this have to do with Halo, exactly? I suppose Microsoft got Conviction as an exclusive to compete with Metal Gear Solid 4?

See, it's hard to make a good comparison, because Microsoft doesn't make nearly as many first party games as Sony does. Take away those four shooters, and Sony has still made more games this gen than Microsoft has since the launch of the Xbox. Sony just has more focus on first party development, while Microsoft focuses on 3rd party exclusivity and publishing.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

d21lewis said:
I just read this whole thread. I deserve an Achievement.

Kantor said:
bonkers555 said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
We can be quite sure there will be a Halo 4 and a 5 too, there is without any doubt a very strong Halo fan community amongst XBoxers. Sony really can't do anything against it (and most probably doesn't even try, despite what blindest fans wish), the most sensible thing it can do is to try to build as many strong fan communities it can for its exclusives, but it's likely the biggest ones won't be for FPS games, that's XB territory. The only one that can screw Halo is MS itself, it keeps total control on it. So the only person in the world Halo fans must be afraid of is Ballmer Oh yeah, then Halo is really screwed, I didn't realize it, silly me!

@ the bolded

Resistance 1

Resistance 2

Killzone 2

Mag

I say Sony is trying really hard if you ask me.  I willing to bet we will see a Resistance 3, KillZone 3 and MAG 2 before PS4.

Sony is making shooters. What does this have to do with Halo, exactly? I suppose Microsoft got Conviction as an exclusive to compete with Metal Gear Solid 4?

See, it's hard to make a good comparison, because Microsoft doesn't make nearly as many first party games as Sony does. Take away those four shooters, and Sony has still made more games this gen than Microsoft has since the launch of the Xbox. Sony just has more focus on first party development, while Microsoft focuses on 3rd party exclusivity and publishing.

Thanks for helping making clearer what I wrote: that Sony doesn't really want to waste money trying in vain to kill Halo doesn't rule out that they may be willing to make shooters nevertheless, and sell them well, even if they won't sell like Halo.

I agree on what you write after, there's also, amongst other reasons, one thing many of us should know behind MS' behaviour: it doesn't like to increase the number of its employees.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

This thread is funny.

I question the intent of the thread but as this is a sales site and sales don't exist in a vacuum its still a valid (if unfair) comparison.

Although a more apt one will be odst VS mf2 on the 360. But thats for another day.

SMT said:
Both good games,both sold well. Halo really is a cashbeast. Killzone 2 gets my honorable mention for showing me how bored I am of FPS already.

I am bored to death of shooters myself, but I couldn't put Killzone 2 down.  It was the first console shooter I've ever played that I felt actually WORKED on a controller.  I felt the bar was set pretty high by Half Life 2, which is probably my favorite game all time in general, but Killzone 2 was the most fun I've had with a shooter in quite awhile.  It also happened to be the first game I finished on my new PS3.  ;)

Domicinator said:
SMT said:
Both good games,both sold well. Halo really is a cashbeast. Killzone 2 gets my honorable mention for showing me how bored I am of FPS already.

I am bored to death of shooters myself, but I couldn't put Killzone 2 down.  It was the first console shooter I've ever played that I felt actually WORKED on a controller.  I felt the bar was set pretty high by Half Life 2, which is probably my favorite game all time in general, but Killzone 2 was the most fun I've had with a shooter in quite awhile.  It also happened to be the first game I finished on my new PS3.  ;)

Except that the DS controllers suck balls for FPSes... there is a reason the Xbox controller worked when the PS2 controller couldn't even get people to play Half Life port with cool new exclusive add-on

I ,.understand ''sony fanboys'' , this thread hurts ..lol

''Halo reach''.. sell 7.m first week ,Believe¡¡¡¡¡¡

LOL...this was a winner of a thead for the author.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder