By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Let's talk sales! ODST sells more in 24 hours than KILLZONE in 29 weeks!

huaxiong90 said:
jesus kung fu magic said:
huaxiong90 said:
ssj12 said:
nightsurge said:
Goes to show Gameplay > Graphics.

if thats how it is then why does Halo sell at all?

Cuz........ halo>than any fps on the console market so far

COD4 says hi...unless you're speaking your opinion.

Why would COD4 say hi? Halo is still better than it.....

It's ok if you like Halo more than COD4, I'm not arguing with that. But it's not a fact. The closest we can get to reality about a quality of a video game is to look at metacritic, and sales. Metacritic, they are equal. And sales-wise, COD4 wins.

COD4 still has not sold 10 mill on one console so halo wins that battle.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Around the Network
huaxiong90 said:
huaxiong90 said:
ssj12 said:
nightsurge said:
Goes to show Gameplay > Graphics.

if thats how it is then why does Halo sell at all?

Cuz........ halo>than any fps on the console market so far

COD4 says hi...unless you're speaking your opinion.

Why would COD4 say hi? Halo is still better than it.....

It's ok if you like Halo more than COD4, I'm not arguing with that. But it's not a fact. The closest we can get to reality about a quality of a video game is to look at metacritic, and sales. Metacritic, they are equal. And sales-wise, COD4 wins.

COD4 still has not sold 10 mill on one console so halo wins that battle.

And Halo wouldn't sell 10 million on one console if it was multiplat either.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

@ Jesus - the world knows you are right. You're Jesus. He never argued. Anyone else is a distant second. 'Nuff said.

What, son, what? New York, New York!!!

Cueil said:
Domicinator said:
SMT said:
Both good games,both sold well. Halo really is a cashbeast. Killzone 2 gets my honorable mention for showing me how bored I am of FPS already.

I am bored to death of shooters myself, but I couldn't put Killzone 2 down.  It was the first console shooter I've ever played that I felt actually WORKED on a controller.  I felt the bar was set pretty high by Half Life 2, which is probably my favorite game all time in general, but Killzone 2 was the most fun I've had with a shooter in quite awhile.  It also happened to be the first game I finished on my new PS3.  ;)

Except that the DS controllers suck balls for FPSes... there is a reason the Xbox controller worked when the PS2 controller couldn't even get people to play Half Life port with cool new exclusive add-on

In my opinion of mouse and keyboard fan, they BOTH suck and not only for FPS, for racing games, for example, I prefer a joystick to a gamepad, if I can't have a wheel.

BTW I just tried the Trust FF wheel I bought after my previous utterly crappy vibration feedback Thrustmaster Ultimate Challenge had its gear down lever broken for the second time, and I must say that for only 30€ more than the Thrustmaster, the Trust rocks.

Never thought a big name like Thrustmaster could descend so low to be beaten even by cheap manufacturers (before choosing, I checked a lot of models from different brands on displey, and despite attractive for their features, even high end Thrustmasters wheels, like the one with clutch pedal, had gear levers damaged, they must be really badly designed, strain concentrates right on weak sections).

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

durtysouthhustlah said:
@ Jesus - the world knows you are right. You're Jesus. He never argued. Anyone else is a distant second. 'Nuff said.

Would you perhaps care to refute what I said, then?

Around the Network
perpride said:
Mirson said:
CGI-Quality said:
Mirson said:
Just goes to show you that MS knows how to market games.

Or that the Halo franschise is the best selling console exclsuive shhoting franchise. That MIGHT have something to do with it....

Instead of making KZ2 more pretty, they should of used that money to advertised the game.

I'm going to assume that you have never played Killzone 2 yourself. If you had, you would know that it has some of the best gameplay an FPS currently has to offer. It also had heavy advertising during it's time of release and did quite well for itself, considering how much of a disaster the first one was.

Comparing Killzone 2 sales to Halo sales is like comparing Forza sales to Gran Turismo sales then trying to say Forza sucks (or didn't do well) because of it. Halo is currently one of the most popular game franchises around. I don't see anybody putting Mistwalker or Tales games down because of how sadly they compare to Final Fantasy.

When did I talk about the gameplay? I saw a few commercials here and there, but that was about it. In-store advertisements and other types of ads were pretty much non-existent. They really dropped the ball here; the game got the reviews/scores, and it could've been a very big thing for Sony.

huaxiong90 said:
durtysouthhustlah said:

About Halo being  3 being multiplatform and not selling 10 million on one console?

Sure, why not. People love Halo for a variety of reasons. The Master Chief character himself is very iconic. The multiplayer from the 2nd game revolutionized how hardcore gamers view console FPS games (MLG says hi). If Halo 3 started out multi-platform it would be sitting at  similar numbers for the Xbox and probably 2-3 million for the PS3. I think you are either overestimating the amount of people who bought a 360 just for Halo, or assuming the franchise got this way because Microsoft knows how to advertise. I really think that even if Bungie did go multi-platform, Microsoft still would pour funding into its masterpiece.

Also, "minor" detail, the amount of people hating Halo would drop by about half if the game gave some love to Sony's machine. It would render most fanboy arguments useless.

dorbin2009 said:
huaxiong90 said:
durtysouthhustlah said:

About Halo being  3 being multiplatform and not selling 10 million on one console?

Sure, why not. People love Halo for a variety of reasons. The Master Chief character himself is very iconic. The multiplayer from the 2nd game revolutionized how hardcore gamers view console FPS games (MLG says hi). If Halo 3 started out multi-platform it would be sitting at  similar numbers for the Xbox and probably 2-3 million for the PS3. I think you are either overestimating the amount of people who bought a 360 just for Halo, or assuming the franchise got this way because Microsoft knows how to advertise. I really think that even if Bungie did go multi-platform, Microsoft still would pour funding into its masterpiece.

Also, "minor" detail, the amount of people hating Halo would drop by about half if the game gave some love to Sony's machine. It would render most fanboy arguments useless.

This is the reason why I'm saying Halo wouldn't sell significantly more if it was on PS3 too. I seriously doubt it would sell as much as it did now on Xbox if it were multiplat, as it's obvious many people bought an Xbox for Halo specifically. That's what I feel. I was not talking about quality. Quality had nothing to do with my argument (I like Halo, by the way, you don't have to give me a talk about why it's a great game, I've experienced it for myself). And Microsoft's advertising contributed significantly.

I think everyone need to remember just how many people on here were saying that ODST would not sell the way it did...Game over....2 mill in 24 hrs...Plain and simple!

Zizzla_Rachet said:
I think everyone need to remember just how many people on here were saying that ODST would not sell the way it did...Game over....2 mill in 24 hrs...Plain and simple!

People said that about a Halo shooter??? where was i when this happened...

I was in the Halo Wars discussion where people discussed sales of this game, but i didn't knew about a ODST thread where people were saying that it wouldn't sell the way it did... I was guessing less than Halo 3 because it was an expansion later turned into a full game (and without the Chief), but i was sure that it was gonna pull big numbers...

It's just common sense, Halo shooter = big sales...