By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If EDGE gives Uncharted 2 anything less than 9.5, there will be mayhem!!

sabby_e17 said:
Seece please, wouldn't you find it bad if Edge gave Halo 3 or L4D a 6/10?

Think about it. A game as great as MGS4 getting 8/10 is just complete bias.

I wouldn't, becasue that is their opinion. Just because they give the game average(Not Bad) review scores doesn't mean I have any less fun them.

Did any of you have any less fun with MGS4 because it got an 8? I still had fun with Viva Pinata even though Seece gave it an 8.2

Around the Network
Seece said:
Kantor said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@seece

debating what?

a megaman.2. thread that usually has ridiculous logic in it & is so meant to be taken as a joke

continue if you want.....just wait, I need to get some pop corn!

Megaman threads are like Darth threads, but less frequent, with more content, and FEWER CAPS!

But the LAST one makes them LESS AWESOME!

That POST had NO caps, Darth. FIX!

But Darth is loveable, even I can laugh at his 360 doom threads. Megaman though ? ....

And Darth somehow manages to make a 100-post thread out of some trivial detail like the expression on somebody's face or the undertone of what they are saying.

It's a talent. And it's also why his UnReal TALK episodes did so well, and mine failed miserably. Also, because he SPAMS more than ME.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Seece said:
megaman.2. said:
Seece said:
megaman.2. said:
Seece said:
megaman.2. said:
jesus kung fu magic said:
Seece said:

Nobody cares megaman......

*In before the "OoO you cared enough to post" posts.

LOL most of the people posting in this thread remind of that Destructoid article

The J man has seen "paranoid" , "defensive" and "always thinking their games are the best" so far.

What have you seen?

Both Seece and the J man are corrupting this thread, as said in my thread all games should given the score that they have earned my friend. Both you and seece are derailing the thread so take a 5m break and come back and will continue this convo. J man there is no need to be disrespectful

@seece if you played Mgs4? than you would understand that a 8/10 score is a crime!

We're not derailing the thread at all, we're calling you and this thread out for what it is. Sorry if you just wanted a ton of "oh I totally agree" "Oh you ROCK".

hahahah im enjoying my convo with you you bring a lot of fire to thread, this thread is nothing than a piece of informative journalism tackling the problem which the unfair/biased reviews of EDGE. With all due respect we wont tolerate that type of behaviour in our industry you as a reviewer should not that an unfair/biased review should held accountable. You have a lot to learn from Torillian lool

I'm replying to you and you're just giving me a load of pep talk in return, no fire here, why don't you actually reply to what I've said?

He's on my AIM, if he wants to teach me anything he can just buzz

and what is that my friend? Im merely raising a good point as to the constant unprofessional reviews aimed at ps3 exclusives. This is nothing more than a debate with the community on this sensitive matter, yet you seem think this thread has different agenda when all it's doing is analysing a problem which needs to be dealth with period 

Have you actually read these reviews?

You havn't played ODST (don't even try and fool me) and EDGE can only give whole numbers. So they could either go below what the average thinks, or above, they seemed to have enjoyed the game, so gave it a 9.

You're being completely ignorant and proving me and the J man completely right.

Seece my friend I will be purchasing Halo 3 odst this week, im not complaining about the review giving to halo 3 odst but I am merely criticising the fact that score does not hold up once compared to reviews giving to Resistance 2 (6/10), mgs4 8/10 and Killzone 2 (9/10). they are always below the average by at least 2 points so clearly their reviews are not in line with the general consencus.        

Vgchartz score - R2 8.7 - Killzone 2 9.1

Ign                     R2 9.5 - Killzone 2 9.4

We both know that Edge's reviews are garbage and it's time you wake up!

<embed src="http://card.mygamercard.net/gears2goty/omar7700.swf" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="198" height="135">
</embed>

Kantor said:
Seece said:
Kantor said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@seece

debating what?

a megaman.2. thread that usually has ridiculous logic in it & is so meant to be taken as a joke

Megaman threads are like Darth threads, but less frequent, with more content, and FEWER CAPS!

But Darth is loveable, even I can laugh at his 360 doom threads. Megaman though ? ....

And Darth somehow manages to make a 100-post thread out of some trivial detail like the expression on somebody's face or the undertone of what they are saying.

It's a talent. And it's also why his UnReal TALK episodes did so well, and mine failed miserably. Also, because he SPAMS more than ME.

He has a way with making thread titles.....your almost compelled to post on his threads once you see his thread on the front page.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Kantor said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@seece

debating what?

OMFG NO CAPS!!!!!!

This cannot be!!!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

@megaman stop replying to those people as you're only derailing your own thread.

OT: If you just keep focusing on the number of the score, you're missing a lot of what a good review is about.

IGN gave Uncharted 2 a 9.5. The guy was all praises most of it, and what little he had to say as negative points it was so little it didn't hurt the overall experience. I'D SAY BY HIS WORDS UNCHARTED 2 IS AS MUCH AS PERFECT AS ANY GAME THAT GOT A 10/10, why? because even 10/10 games have (good) reviews in which the reviewer will undoubtedly point out little flaws, and we all know no game is completely perfect or suitable for everybody's taste. So 9.5 or 10 is irrelevant when you read what that guy wrote in VERY DETAILED ANALYSIS. The game is just that good.

Kantor said:
Seece said:
Kantor said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@seece

debating what?

Kantor, there is really nothing to this "spam" thing. All you have to do is find a post that you can make some comment about, quote it, and then post that message. It can be slightly off topic if you are trying to answer or remedy a person's question that isn't in the OP, so that is pretty good. Then, if you feel that the post is really way off-topic, you can add a sentence or so that makes it relevelant. Like, in this thread, you could mention that you feel the bias Edge magazine shows is completely off base and will not be tolerated if you happen to be more inclined towards that logic. If not, you could make a general statement on how a couple reviews for a couple of games doesn't really mean Edge magazine hates the PS3 anymore than Barack Obama.

Barack Obama is pretty good at playing the Wii, I would imagine. Since he has one. That is all I am saying.

Garamond said:
Kantor said:
Seece said:
Kantor said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@seece

debating what?

Kantor, there is really nothing to this "spam" thing. All you have to do is find a post that you can make some comment about, quote it, and then post that message. It can be slightly off topic if you are trying to answer or remedy a person's question that isn't in the OP, so that is pretty good. Then, if you feel that the post is really way off-topic, you can add a sentence or so that makes it relevelant. Like, in this thread, you could mention that you feel the bias Edge magazine shows is completely off base and will not be tolerated if you happen to be more inclined towards that logic. If not, you could make a general statement on how a couple reviews for a couple of games doesn't really mean Edge magazine hates the PS3 anymore than Barack Obama.

Barack Obama is pretty good at playing the Wii, I would imagine. Since he has one. That is all I am saying.

This.

Don't get me wrong, I am good at spamming. Darth is just better. All you have to do is find a post, add some formatting and colours, and agree/disagree with it.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

sabby_e17 said:
sabby_e17 said:

Are you serious?

STFU.......there have been 11 reviews giving mgs 4 an 80%.

And most of those reviewers that gave MGS4 an 80% were probaly biased. Unlike professional reviewers e.g ign, gamespot, gametrailers who gave it the score it deserved.

Where were you when Gamecritics gave halo 3 a 70?

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

dsister44 said:
sabby_e17 said:

I wouldn't, becasue that is their opinion. Just because they give the game average(Not Bad) review scores doesn't mean I have any less fun them.

Did any of you have any less fun with MGS4 because it got an 8? I still had fun with Viva Pinata even though Seece gave it an 8.2

It may be their opinion but it's a very biased one. Resistance 2 got a 6/10, Infamous got a 7/10, Killzone 2 got a 7/10, MGS4 got a 8/10 and more that I can't remember. It isn't their opinion, it's all bias.