By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Metacritic: Halo: ODST ( Updated )

MAFKKA said:

"C-
Ultimately Halo 3: ODST’s campaign is a big disappointment while it introduces some great multiplayer features. The tipping point for recommending the game is based upon your habits and if you’re not a fan of multiplayer this is at best a rental title if you must experience the campaign."

http://www.gamingnexus.com/Article/Halo-ODST/Page2/Item2372.aspx

---

Which transformed into a 42 score on metacritic :S

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/halo3odst

I really think that metacritic lets some letter grades turn into some crazy number scores.

Around the Network
Torillian said:
MAFKKA said:

"C-
Ultimately Halo 3: ODST’s campaign is a big disappointment while it introduces some great multiplayer features. The tipping point for recommending the game is based upon your habits and if you’re not a fan of multiplayer this is at best a rental title if you must experience the campaign."

http://www.gamingnexus.com/Article/Halo-ODST/Page2/Item2372.aspx

---

Which transformed into a 42 score on metacritic :S

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/halo3odst

I really think that metacritic lets some letter grades turn into some crazy number scores.

T meta has it as a 42 for real, just insane.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Poor site. They give Halo 3: ODST a C-, which should equal around 70-74 and Metacritic converts that to a 42. Now you go to the site and the Halo fans are calling them Sony fanboys and tearing them apart.

I guess it is wrong to rate games lower than 85-90 these days.

Go SaGa Frontier! Flaunt that 67 overall.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:

Poor site. They give Halo 3: ODST a C-, which should equal around 70-74 and Metacritic converts that to a 42.

C- is about 42.

100 A+
92 A
86 A-
79 B+
72 B
65 B-
57 C+
50 C
42 C-
36 D+
29 D
22 D-
15 E+
8 E
1 E-

The Gaming Nexus is really crazy.

ethomaz said:

Euphoria14 said:

Poor site. They give Halo 3: ODST a C-, which should equal around 70-74 and Metacritic converts that to a 42.

C- is about 42.

100 A+
92 A
86 A-
79 B+
72 B
65 B-
57 C+
50 C
42 C-
36 D+
29 D
22 D-
15 E+
8 E
1 E-

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Around the Network

Stupid metacritic. Shit won't even post...

Anyways, according to them

A+ = 100
A = 100
A- = 91
B+ = 83
B = 75
B- 67
C+ = 58
C = 50
C- = 52
D+ = 33
D = 16
D- = 8
F = 0

It is only fucked up because of their retarded as all hell A+/A = 100.

If a review gives no score, Metacritic decides themselves what that score would be based on what they read.

http://www.metacritic.com/about/scoring.shtml

Currently playing:

Reading the Gaming Nexus review, although the writer doesn't seem to be a big fan of console shooters or Halo, gives the impression that the score is around a 70-75 and indeed they gave the game a C- which is a 70-73. So how in the hell did Metacritic decide that a C- is equal to a 42? I'm starting to see peoples problems with metacritic, the whole grading system is bullshit.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

On Gamerankings Halo 3: ODST is bordering on 87% compared to the 84% on Meta. Mainly due to the difference in lettering grade conversions.

Demon's Souls on Meta = 90. On GR it = 91.5%.

Currently playing:

Whats the difference between Game Ranking and metacritic? Is game ranking more selective of the websites it uses or is it something else? Just having a quick skim over gamerankings it looks like it's a much better source for aggregate review scores than metacritic, so why does everyone use metacritic?

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Mendicate Bias said:
Whats the difference between Game Ranking and metacritic? Is game ranking more selective of the websites it uses or is it something else? Just having a quick skim over gamerankings it looks like it's a much better source for aggregate review scores than metacritic, so why does everyone use metacritic?

I think GameRankings only use English and/or American review scores. I could be wrong.

Either way I like them more, probably because they don't tend to use random sites and/or sometimes blogs like Metacritic does. They stick more to the professional gaming review sites.

Gamerankings still has the GamingNexus score as a C-, but they will eventually change it to a 70%, which is much better than a 42 for a C-.

If you check my history you will see that I have been bitching about Metacritic for a very long time now. 

Currently playing: