By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Metacritic: Halo: ODST ( Updated )

Id just like to say its amazing how a 4 hour game seems to rate as highly as this. Amazing

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
megaman79 said:
Id just like to say+  its amazing how a 4 hour game seems to rate as highly as this. Amazing

A 6 - 8 hours + firefight + Full halo 3 multiplayer on a second disc + new halo 3 map packs + Beta access to Halo Reach

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Its kinda disappointing that there aren't any perfect reviews yet.  And the first reviews are usually the most positive ones.  This might even end up at high 70's on metacritic.

Oh well, its not gonna stop me from buying it.  Cause I know its gonna be a quality game (one of the very best that's coming out this year)

How has Eurogamer (Italy) all of a sudden got any score that counts ?, Metacritic shoose what reviews they want to add up together and that is a BAD thing, I.e Using 3 official PS3 mags to add the total scores and a lot of PS3 websites for the "same game".

Watch Uncharted 2 and see how many "Official PS3 mags PS3 dedicated websites they use in their score roundup"

Here is the real Eurogamer and score   "Review ends with "Halo 3: ODST is fantastic" . 8 -

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/halo-3-odst-review?page=3

penguin said:

How has Eurogamer (Italy) all of a sudden got any score that counts ?, Metacritic shoose what reviews they want to add up together and that is a BAD thing, I.e Using 3 official PS3 mags to add the total scores and a lot of PS3 websites for the "same game".

Watch Uncharted 2 and see how many "Official PS3 mags PS3 dedicated websites they use in their score roundup"

Here is the real Eurogamer and score   "Review ends with "Halo 3: ODST is fantastic" . 8.5 -

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/halo-3-odst-review?page=3

Totally agree...

And if you want something from Italy, take that.. http://multiplayer.it/recensioni/70608-halo-3-odst-halo-in-salsa-noir.html 

I'm Italian btw...

Around the Network

Jesus christ, stop talking about "ending up AA or AAA on metacritic", it has nothing to do with score, its a budget thing. Braid is a low budget indie and it has a 92 or 93 metacritic, that doesnt make it AAA. Likewise, terminator salvation is an AAA title and it has 48 meta, that doesnt mean its not AAA.

kowenicki said:
Grrrrr Game have just sent me my Sgt Johnson code... but my game isn't here yet... come on royal mail... you have it in your van... just deliver it man!

Still waiting for my copy... I believe it wil be tomorrow (just received an sms from the shop sying it is packed).

Disolitude is already playing it.

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

kowenicki said:
Sardauk said:
kowenicki said:
Grrrrr Game have just sent me my Sgt Johnson code... but my game isn't here yet... come on royal mail... you have it in your van... just deliver it man!

Still waiting for my copy... I believe it wil be tomorrow (just received an sms from the shop sying it is packed).

grrr again

Yeah Game sent it special delivery on saturday which really means this morning... so tuesday it is.

I am wondering if the postal strikes across the UK may mean some dont get this for a few days....

I hope we will all be able to play tomorrow then !

Just entered my Sgt Johnson code pn the marketplace website...

kowenicki said:
italy ans spain of course will give poor scores.... of course

Hasn't UK anymore reviewers daring to give bad scores to big names if they so deserve? I,'m sorry for you, I remember years ago at PC Zone (I stopped buying it when the UK£ skyrocketed for years before € rise) they weren't afraid to give "pants" awards to anyone... Maybe Charlie Brooker was a little bit over the top, but so much the better, he kept away bigot pricks from that mag...

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Sardauk said:
kowenicki said:
Sardauk said:
kowenicki said:

grrr again

Yeah Game sent it special delivery on saturday which really means this morning... so tuesday it is.

I am wondering if the postal strikes across the UK may mean some dont get this for a few days....

I hope we will all be able to play tomorrow then !

Just entered my Sgt Johnson code pn the marketplace website...

You guys need to make friends in the retail business. :)

Pretty much every store has it already. I used to work at HMV when Halo 2 came out and we had it 2 weeks early.