By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Metacritic: Halo: ODST ( Updated )

By the way, N4G is also really good. They use these random sites too like Metacritic, but instead of only using selective sites, they use them all. Nothing is exempt.

Their Halo 3: ODST overall score, based on every review they can find = 83%. As I said though, nothing is exempt, so if you want it to be as unbiased as possible, they would be your best bet.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

@Euphoria14

Yea I think I like the idea of using only the most well established sites as the review source. Although it could be said that those sites are likely to change their review based off hype and advertisement money but no matter how you spin it they are simply far more professional than some random guy writing a blog.
Besides I feel like we don't give big review sites enough credit sometimes. I mean Assassins Creed was hyped like crazy but still received mediocre review scores and thats not the only example. Besides a few exceptions I think the big name websites are usually right on the money when it comes to reviews.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Mendicate Bias said:
@Euphoria14

Yea I think I like the idea of using only the most well established sites as the review source. Although it could be said that those sites are likely to change their review based off hype and advertisement money but no matter how you spin it they are simply far more professional than some random guy writing a blog.
Besides I feel like we don't give big review sites enough credit sometimes. I mean Assassins Creed was hyped like crazy but still received mediocre review scores and thats not the only example. Besides a few exceptions I think the big name websites are usually right on the money when it comes to reviews.

I am at the point where I only use 2 scores.

VGChartz member scores (I like you guys too much) and IGN user scores.

If it wasn't for IGN user scores I never would have realized just how much I like Magical Starsign (DS) and Brave Story (PSP). 

Plus, the best score of all always comes from you, the one actually playing the game, since scores are subjective.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

This will be a rent for me. I'm not going to pay $60 for a 5 hour campaign and the same online play as Halo 3.

I dont know about the letter convertion but since there is 6 letters (A-F), the convertion should be 100/5 (since A cant be counted due to it being 100) = 20 point drop for every letter.

A - 100
B - 80
C - 60
D - 40
E - 20
F - 0

So a C- should be at 50.

Around the Network

Good to see that the big (And only trustet( sites give halo 3 8.5-9.5 in score. The unknows, small joke sites, gave the lowest.

Euphoria14 said:
Poor site. They give Halo 3: ODST a C-, which should equal around 70-74 and Metacritic converts that to a 42. Now you go to the site and the Halo fans are calling them Sony fanboys and tearing them apart.

I guess it is wrong to rate games lower than 85-90 these days.

Go SaGa Frontier! Flaunt that 67 overall.

Actually if you want to go by grades, then F would be 0. C would be 50 and A, 100 so ye i can see why they would translate a C- around 45. (crap maths)

Edit: oops, i see the point has been made already. and far better than i made it. By my (new) calculations (A=100, A-=93.75, B+=87.5, B=81.25, B-=75, C+=68.75, C=62.5, C-=56.25, D+=50, D=43.75, D-=37.5, E+=31.25, E=25, E-=18.75, F+=12.50, F=6.25.) 56.25 should be the score.

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups