By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Metacritic: Halo: ODST ( Updated )

GameSpot - 9/10

It got a lot of good game emblems.

Around the Network

G4 - 5/5. Just saw it.  I'll probably buy it next time I'm in Japan since that's where my Halo 3 is from.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

dsgrue3 said:
Sardauk said:
dsgrue3 said:
Halo Franchise - Teenagers. Do NOT want.

Hello newbie. Could you develop why you think that ?

Because it's only on Xbox 360, so the parents would buy the cheaper console for their children to have the ability to play. Since when people want something they want it ASAP, the console that was on the market at the time was not PS3, but Xbox360. But I've already been warned for trolling so let's get back on topic.

Like I've said before I respect IGN's opinion, so they receive the most weight for me. If they say it's a 9, that's okay by me. Enjoy.

If you think so...

Most of my Live friends are adults and they also play Halo...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

@FastFord58

Dummy account maybe? With bare bones info on your profile & countless amounts of baiting like these;

"Only bar KZ2 raised was overhype/underperform."

I enjoyed KZ2 immensly! I must be part of the minority, tho. It seems like u cannot read the OP neither.

"This game will sell loads regardless of score, proving that the bar has still not been reached by other fps franchises. Modern Warfare is the only fps close to it."

So, in your flawed theory sales are what make a great game... Funny, in the 25 years of being a gamer, I never knew!

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

It seems the reviews will look down on the over priced extended expanision pack that it is. M$ should have lowered the price a little. Cha-ching!

I am really glad that Bungy has keep up with the amazing score, too and that some reviews have commented on this overlooked part of gaming. One of the reasons why I like the Halo series.

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

Around the Network
HanzoTheRazor said:
@FastFord58

Dummy account maybe? With bare bones info on your profile & countless amounts of baiting like these;

I enjoyed KZ2 immensly! I must be part of the minority, tho. It seems like u cannot read the OP neither.

"This game will sell loads regardless of score, proving that the bar has still not been reached by other fps franchises. Modern Warfare is the only fps close to it."

So, in your flawed theory sales are what make a great game... Funny, in the 25 years of being a gamer, I never knew!

no, but the number of poeple who are still playing the game after 2 years shows how good a game is... and look at it's legs...

Cueil said:
HanzoTheRazor said:
@FastFord58

no, but the number of poeple who are still playing the game after 2 years shows how good a game is... and look at it's legs...

No I think Halo is a drug, extremely potent and addictive. It can only be compared to meth and Street Fighter 2. Why else do I sweat bullets while I play Halo?

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Gaming Nexus C- 

Fine... Halo 3: ODST is not an AAA game, but C-???  The same site gaves A- for original Halo 3.

Metascore now: 94

"C-
Ultimately Halo 3: ODST’s campaign is a big disappointment while it introduces some great multiplayer features. The tipping point for recommending the game is based upon your habits and if you’re not a fan of multiplayer this is at best a rental title if you must experience the campaign."

http://www.gamingnexus.com/Article/Halo-ODST/Page2/Item2372.aspx

---

Which transformed into a 42 score on metacritic :S

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/halo3odst

Meh. Folks can hate all they want - but the numbers don't lie and the game will not flop.

What, son, what? New York, New York!!!