By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Do you respect people with higher post then you?

illiteratewhino said:
As per the thread's topic: No

Reason: One can (if time permits) fluff up their post count into the thousands and make it not look like spam with responses Like: "I totally agree with that" ,"lol that was funny" , "I find that hard to believe" etc etc.

Having a large post count only means you spend too much of your free time browsing this here forums.

Or it could mean you post a few posts a day over a long stretch of time.

I have 8,000 posts. Do I have no life? Or does the fact that I've been here since early 2007 change that idea?

When I want to be judged over the internet, I'll give you a call.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

].

RolStoppable said:
No, I generally don't respect these people, simply because they used to be Soriku or leo-j.

Now do I think that people respect me? I am not so sure about that, judging from some of the responses I usually get. I get accused of trolling a lot. Those people are right, but still, they shouldn't say it all the time. Words can hurt too.

You shouldn't care what people say because while they are off playing Mass Effect, Halo, or Metal Gear you can play great titles like Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Bros. Brawl and New Super Mario Bros.

Always and forever, Pokemon lives on in our hearts!

Not necessarily. But I have been known to discount as a possible viral troll someone who makes a really stupid statement and has a single-digit post count and has only posted on a single topic.

As others have said, once you have been around a while, you know the lay of the land.

In addition, I tend to look to see what kind of games (both system and genre) they report having as well as the demographic information on the profile to try to understand where they are coming from. In other words, a middle-aged American male playing the Wii is going to view some things differently than a 20-something student from the EU or Oz who likes playing FPS.

Mike from Morgantown
(who is a middle-aged American male with a Wii)

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

mike_intellivision said:
Not necessarily. But I have been known to discount as a possible viral troll someone who makes a really stupid statement and has a single-digit post count and has only posted on a single topic.

As others have said, once you have been around a while, you know the lay of the land.

In addition, I tend to look to see what kind of games (both system and genre) they report having as well as the demographic information on the profile to try to understand where they are coming from. In other words, a middle-aged American male playing the Wii is going to view some things differently than a 20-something student from the EU or Oz who likes playing FPS.

Mike from Morgantown
(who is a middle-aged American male with a Wii)

I am younger than you but my Intellivision II still works but all I play is Burger Time on it.

Around the Network
illiteratewhino said:

Reason: One can (if time permits) fluff up their post count into the thousands and make it not look like spam with responses Like: "I totally agree with that" ,"lol that was funny" , "I find that hard to believe" etc etc.

Having a large post count only means you spend too much of your free time browsing this here forums.

Well, I've been here for quite some time, and my day job allows me lots of free time during the workday with a computer.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

dtewi said:
illiteratewhino said:

Or it could mean you post a few posts a day over a long stretch of time.

I have 8,000 posts. Do I have no life? Or does the fact that I've been here since early 2007 change that idea?

When I want to be judged over the internet, I'll give you a call.

Your words, not mine.  Freud be damned!

Kantor said:
illiteratewhino said:

If you had more posts, I might care about your opinion of how I have no life.

See how that works?

Again, I never mentioned anything about having no life. I specifically went out of my way in the phrasing of my response to indicate I was only referring to "free time".

Repeating what I've stated in a previous response : Your words, not mine.

outlawauron said:
illiteratewhino said:

Well, I've been here for quite some time, and my day job allows me lots of free time during the workday with a computer.

And there's nothing wrong with that. (unless you boss finds out you are using the time he is paying you to work for browsing the intahrwebs, and he is against that)

O-D-C said:
they better (shakes fist)

Man, why do you always read my mind? It's because we're both Quebeckers Cadanaians huh? *shakes fist in return*

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!