By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGC OFFICIAL HEAVY RAIN Thread

Just finished the game with the perfect ending. Fantastic game, btw. Enjoyed every minute of it.

I got some questions, though. Couple of things happened during the game that doesn't make any sense to me.

1- What's the story behind Ethan's Blackouts and the origami figures that seems to be in his hand whenever he wakes up from his blackouts?

2- Why was Madison extremely shocked by the name of the killer when she never knew or met him (unless I'm missing something)?

3- In the end, when you get the chance to call Jaydon or Ethan. How would Madison know Jayden's number?

Thanks.

Around the Network

@ Fab_GB

Good to hear you enjoyed it!

1. Never explained.

2. We don't know.

3. Again, good question

Fab_GS said:

Just finished the game with the perfect ending. Fantastic game, btw. Enjoyed every minute of it.

I got some questions, though. Couple of things happened during the game that doesn't make any sense to me.

1- What's the story behind Ethan's Blackouts and the origami figures that seems to be in his hand whenever he wakes up from his blackouts?

2- Why was Madison extremely shocked by the name of the killer when she never knew or met him (unless I'm missing something)?

3- In the end, when you get the chance to call Jaydon or Ethan. How would Madison know Jayden's number?

Thanks.

1- this would have all made sense if my suspect, Ethans Psychiatrist, had been the killer, he could have given him Meds to cause the blackouts and give false evidence to the police making him the suspect! But Noooo,  Cage had to go and do it HIS way! Bah!

2-Madison was obviously investigating everything that had to do with the Origami Murders, she probably was aware of who he pretended to be.

3- see answer 2. but i believe they even met at least when i was playing.  We don't need to see everything in order to assume he gave her his card.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

I'm late to the party but I finished the game over the week-end. I really liked the "game", but mostly because it was like some sort of movie you can interact with. I had a very good time playing it.

But... it's been stated before, the thing that bugs me is that you simply can't "die" in many fights or situations. Yes, when it's part of the plot, you can die, and it will affect the story, I know that. But in many fights, if you miss the correct buttons all the time, it won't matter. I had the feeling that when the character was not meant to die, you could not have him/her killed... so the script was a bit forced upon us, and it kind of lowered my feeling of being part of the story. This is very psychological, I realize, but by simply making it possible to "die" in some scenes, where you would see your character fail and the game would simply stop and ask you to try again, would have raised my interest tenfold in each interactive scene, as if what I did really mattered, all the time, not only sometimes.

The other thing I would have liked, and this is very, very subjective, is an option to easily 'save' a certain checkpoint. I am not the type of person who will replay a whole game to see different scenes or endings. Call me stupid, but this isn't the type of stuff I like to do, mainly because I don't have much time to play. In many situations, I knew that if I would have done something else, I would have played another scene. Sometimes, I would have loved to be able to see that other scene, replay an old sequence and see what happens. While playing, I had to quit to main menu and 'resume' again when I knew I did something that lead me to a speficif direction, but wanted another... or just wanted to see the other. Many times, it was too late and the progress was saved. You could argue that it made it realistic because it's like real life, when you make a decision there's often no turning back... but I would have liked to have the option or playing this way or not...

Anyhow, I guess this won't make sense for many, but overall what a great game!

i just saw the Game is still in the UK PS3 Top 10!

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/05/04/charts-week-ending-1st-may/

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

Remedy thinks you should play Heavy Rain

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=247120

CGI-Quality said:

Move Edition will be out this week in EU and the US.

Us europeans have to wait a little longer.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/09/13/heavy-rain-move-edition-is-coming/

What are people's thoughts on playing it with the Move? I think it's pretty awesome, certainly an upgrade over the old scheme.

CGI-Quality said:
Rainbird said:

What are people's thoughts on playing it with the Move? I think it's pretty awesome, certainly an upgrade over the old scheme.

I'll let you know my impressions once I've beaten it with Move. Considering how much more I'm impressed with the early Move games (such as Table Tennis) than I thought I'd be, it may end up being more fun for me with Move.

Wait, you got a Move then? Or have you been playing with someone else's?

CGI-Quality said:
Rainbird said:

Wait, you got a Move then? Or have you been playing with someone else's?

My neighbors have kids, they just got one.

I'm addicted to Tennis, it's challenging, but massive fun!

Cool! In case they aren't tech savy enough to be online with their PS3, I suggest you help them go online and download some demoes. Beat Sketcher should go very well with kids, I know I'm having great fun with it.

Paging @StarOcean, I have found a necrobumper
I kid!
I tried Heavy Rain on PS3 and just couldn't get into it. Maybe I'll attempt it again

#1 Amb-ass-ador