By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGC OFFICIAL HEAVY RAIN Thread

Kavitron said:
Just bought it, downloading update right now, so excited to play it

Don't DL the update...

I have heard that the patch screwed some people up, and others it didn't..

I did the patch, and I had a few issues, mainly sound cutting out and some freezing/video issues...

Though I hear the non-patched played fine...

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Around the Network
badgenome said:
Tanstalas said:
badgenome said:

It seemed so hokey and awkwardly done. Plus I was pretty annoyed at the little bastard by that point. My game glitched and he didn't wander away from me when he was supposed to, so I stood behind him for about five minutes shouting his name. Then I changed the camera angle and he vanished, so I could finally continue playing.

The fall out was pretty touching, I must say. But the event itself was certainly not.

Edit: It's also possible I was laughing at least partially out of relief that he died a clean death and wasn't raped by that horrifying clown like I was as a kid .

Fixed.

That was a rodeo clown. It's completely different.

Tanstalas said:
Euphoria14 said:
Just finished the game about 30 minutes ago. FANTASTIC experience!

It was so damn good of a game that my girlfriend sat down with me and watched me play it for the last 6 hours or so. She said it would make for a good movie. Plus she said is voice acting wasn't bad at all, which I completely agree with.

All I can say is that CGI... the wait was most definitely well worth it.

I agree, I think EDGE and (that other bastard who gave it 40%) <- Him were dropped on their heads as a kid.

Edge gave it a 7

I'm on my third playthrough now (a playthrough a day, thank god we have weekend!), but my second playthrough scared me a little. I had planned to make some different choices to alter the story, but when it came down to it, some of them were just so much against my nature that I couldn't.

That must be a testament to the quality

Just to be clear, I reviewed it the week before the release (well before that patch came out) and it definitely did not freeze or have sound drop-outs, so I am fairly confident in saying that patch is completely responsible.

deadt0m said:
badgenome said:
Tanstalas said:
badgenome said:

It seemed so hokey and awkwardly done. Plus I was pretty annoyed at the little bastard by that point. My game glitched and he didn't wander away from me when he was supposed to, so I stood behind him for about five minutes shouting his name. Then I changed the camera angle and he vanished, so I could finally continue playing.

The fall out was pretty touching, I must say. But the event itself was certainly not.

Edit: It's also possible I was laughing at least partially out of relief that he died a clean death and wasn't raped by that horrifying clown like I was as a kid .

Fixed.

That was a rodeo clown. It's completely different.

That's the wrong one, and you know it.

Around the Network

Hopefully my Special Edition will arrive tomorrov via HMV.

You guys can read my review. I put it up this morning. I tried my best to not spoil anything.

Wow, just finished the game and I have to say I was very impressed. I was a little apprehensive during the first couple of hours of the game but then it really gripped me. I can't recal any other games that have left me thinking about them after I put the controller down like this one did. Also, I think it's the first time a game has genuinely made me feel tense and nervous about what will happen to the characters whilst I'm playing and even though the decisions you make in some of the scenes may not affect the overall story, actually making some of those decisions left a bigger impact on me than most other gameplay mechanics I've come across.

It wasn't perfect with some minor glitches, occasionally awkward QTE (usually involving tilting the controller) and the camera could have been a little better at times but overall they are minor points. Whether this is a game or an 'interactive movie' I'd love to see moe of the like in the future!

This game is fricking pissing me off. I played through the first two chapters TWICE on two separate game saves and I still can't unlock Happy Birthday and the other one. I stopped when he picked up his kid from school in the rain and got in the car. I followed everything the trophy guides said and still can't unlock the trophies.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

@delusional

All trophies "unlock" in the sense that you get credit for them whenever you see any loading screen (i.e. a character's face) except the interactive drama one. Try quitting to main menu and continuing your game.

Also, for that trophy, are you sure you did it right?

SPOILERS!

Are you sure you finished the sketch and you need to play with Jason first (not shaun). I also had Jason "beat" me in the sword fight, though that might not affect things. You need to pick Jason first though, I tried picking up Shaun first and didn't get the trophy.