By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Order PIZZA via PS3!!

Max King of the Wild said:
Gnizmo said:
... I remember this 10 years ago on eq. /pizza and a pizza hut order form popped up.

That was EQ2 rather than EQ. It was a limited time promotion as I recall, and caused a big stink in the MMO world. This is obviously being better recieved.

I never owned EQ2. It was definatly EQ. I also played before EQ2 was even released. So I wouldn't doubt if it was also featured in EQ2. But yeah, I never got to use it because typing /pizza would minimize the game and open the webbrowser with the order form... that crashed my computer... yeah, It was shitty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EverQuest_II

Try doing a quick search for the term /pizza. The EQ community would have shit a brick if something like that was implemented. I played the game for years. My knowledge of MMOs is very hard to beat.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

I use grubhub.com when I'm in chicago.

anyways its still pretty neat with random functionality :p

Also you could probably do this on the ps3 browser already.. it can do everything ! .. except a lot of fans and not crash.

Check out my game about moles ^

... I remember this 10 years ago on eq. /pizza and a pizza hut order form popped up.

Nice, in WoW all it says is you are hungry

PSN > XBL confirmed.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
twesterm said:
AndrewE said:

Who doesn't have their computer running 24/7? Or at least all during the day? Do you really shut your computer off everytime you step away from it?

Joke?

Answer: A lot of people.

More descriptive: A lot of people conserving energy and reducing electric bills.

Yes, when I leave my house my computer turns off even if I'll be back in 30 minutes. When I go to sleep it goes off. When I go watch TV it usually goes off... unless its like a baseball game. Then in between innings I go and check out the computer. When I go play my video games it goes off... unless I am reading walkthroughs.

Do you not set your computer to hibernate? Computers do have these new fangled power saving settings...

I have mine set to hibernate after 10 minutes or when I close the laptop but even then pressing a button brings it back on almost instantly while saving plenty of power.

Why? Why not just shut down? I have no problem pushing a button and waiting to boot up.

Couple of reasons, off the top of my head:

1. Depending on your machine, it can take as much power to boot your computer up than to leave it in sleep mode for an entire day. Unless you'll be not using your computer for a coupld of days, for the most part it is much more energy efficient to simply let it go into hibernate mode. Incidentally, if you are waiting in your car for 5 minutes or less, it uses less gas to leave the car running than to turn it off and start it back up.

2. Big one, when you shut your computer down, it puts the HDD in lock mode, the parts actually lock down. There is more wear and tear on your HDD and other moving parts, and you shorten the life of your hardware.

T3H C3LL

Crashdown77 said:
twesterm said:
AndrewE said:

Who doesn't have their computer running 24/7? Or at least all during the day? Do you really shut your computer off everytime you step away from it?

Joke?

Answer: A lot of people.

More descriptive: A lot of people conserving energy and reducing electric bills.

Yes, when I leave my house my computer turns off even if I'll be back in 30 minutes. When I go to sleep it goes off. When I go watch TV it usually goes off... unless its like a baseball game. Then in between innings I go and check out the computer. When I go play my video games it goes off... unless I am reading walkthroughs.

Do you not set your computer to hibernate? Computers do have these new fangled power saving settings...

I have mine set to hibernate after 10 minutes or when I close the laptop but even then pressing a button brings it back on almost instantly while saving plenty of power.

Why? Why not just shut down? I have no problem pushing a button and waiting to boot up.

Couple of reasons, off the top of my head:

1. Depending on your machine, it can take as much power to boot your computer up than to leave it in sleep mode for an entire day. Unless you'll be not using your computer for a coupld of days, for the most part it is much more energy efficient to simply let it go into hibernate mode. Incidentally, if you are waiting in your car for 5 minutes or less, it uses less gas to leave the car running than to turn it off and start it back up.

2. Big one, when you shut your computer down, it puts the HDD in lock mode, the parts actually lock down. There is more wear and tear on your HDD and other moving parts, and you shorten the life of your hardware.

My rig is going strong after 6 years. I never heard of that... I dont really have a problem. In fact, my computer is going strong but it lasted long enough to be so outdated I'm looking for a new one. And I'm not sure how accurate the "All day" statement is.

I don't know how much the price differs outside of where I live, but I'm not paying $12-14 for a large (the price at a few places). Even if they taste better, I'm content with $5 Little Caesars large pizzas.

twesterm said:

Lets see, ways I can order pizza:

• Phone call-- Not preferable because I hate talking to people if I don't have to.
  • iPhone app-- quick and super simple
  • website-- Also quick and usually super simple
  • PS3-- I have to turn on my PS3, open the browser, wait for it to finish loading, and then finally order the pizza on probably the same web page as above.  At least I don't have to talk to people.

Overall, I would say this is slightly less than meh news.

..... yea because obviously the papa johns page takes ages to load

mM