By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Order PIZZA via PS3!!

MAFKKA said:
"Phone call-- Not preferable because I hate talking to people if I don't have to."

You need help! Seriously!

No, I'm the same way... I would order Papa Johns even though I don't really like their pizza because they were the only pizza place with delivery and online ordering... In fact... I'm so weird that I'd rather drive to the pizza place and order in person and wait rather than ordering on the phone. I hate phones.

Around the Network

You're not really ordering pizza through the console, I don't understand why this is so hard to... understand.

You're just using the webbrowser to access the Papa Johns website, and use the website to set up an order. You can do that at Dominos.com as well. It really has nothing to do with the PS3 other than the fact that the PS3 has a webbrowser. But so does your computer and iPhone.

It's not like there's some downloadable application specifically designed for the PS3 which creates PS3 specific orders that are sent to your local Papa Johns for a delivery.

In other words, it's nothing new, other than not-so-clever marketing.

Max King of the Wild said:
twesterm said:

Lets see, ways I can order pizza:

• Phone call-- Not preferable because I hate talking to people if I don't have to.
  • iPhone app-- quick and super simple
  • website-- Also quick and usually super simple
  • PS3-- I have to turn on my PS3, open the browser, wait for it to finish loading, and then finally order the pizza on probably the same web page as above.  At least I don't have to talk to people.

Overall, I would say this is slightly less than meh news.

...I dont have the iphone so i dont know how that ap works... but... dont you have to turn on the puter. Wait for it to boot up. click on the web browser. Enter site address. Log in. The fill out the form?

If the Ps3 has you logged in through your PSN ID that would be sweet. If not... well then... its the same... Now if you say something like "Im on the computer about to..." I'll say "I'm on my Ps3 playing..."

• iPhone-- take phone out of pocket, push app, Go.
  • laptop-- always on my couch and always on.  Open Firefox and type in address.  Even if I were to use my PC, walking downstairs, opening Firefox, and then ordering the PS3 would still be quicker than using the PS3 (especially since I would then have to turn the PS3 off when I'm done).
  • PS3-- rarely on unless I'm watching a movie or playing a game and in either of those cases it's even more inconvenient.

... I remember this 10 years ago on eq. /pizza and a pizza hut order form popped up.

That was EQ2 rather than EQ. It was a limited time promotion as I recall, and caused a big stink in the MMO world. This is obviously being better recieved.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

MAFKKA said:
"Phone call-- Not preferable because I hate talking to people if I don't have to."

You need help! Seriously!

Why?  People try to talk to me when I don't want to talk to them.  I just want to order my pizza or whatever and be done.  Then I also have to give them my credit card number, address, and everything else and wait for them.  It's much easier if I just punch all that into my web browser once and be done with it.

Around the Network

I looked at it...  I'd much rather call over the phone...  Unless there's some specific PS3 deal, because I have something called.... social skills?...  Talking to them over the phone, in my opinion, gets you straight to everything... You don't have to waste time looking for deals, or specials... you just ask the person you're talking to if there's any specials, and proceed with your order.

There was this one bitch that pissed me off, and purposly got my name wrong, but, aside from that, whatever.

Papa Johns is my fav. pizza...  Now, the PS3 CAN feed you...  I wonder if you can schedule stanley steamer from your PS3... I bet it would do your floors then...

Who doesn't have their computer running 24/7? Or at least all during the day? Do you really shut your computer off everytime you step away from it?

Gnizmo said:
... I remember this 10 years ago on eq. /pizza and a pizza hut order form popped up.

That was EQ2 rather than EQ. It was a limited time promotion as I recall, and caused a big stink in the MMO world. This is obviously being better recieved.

I never owned EQ2. It was definatly EQ. I also played before EQ2 was even released. So I wouldn't doubt if it was also featured in EQ2. But yeah, I never got to use it because typing /pizza would minimize the game and open the webbrowser with the order form... that crashed my computer... yeah, It was shitty.

UMM, you have been able to do this since launch I believe. Just go to there web site and order. I don't like calling either. Talking to some kid who seems ruched and never really gets it right is irritating. I always order online if possible. Its pretty fast.

lol ps3 domination finalized

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"