By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Ok, fine, it's humorous.

EDIT:  Strikers felt quite a bit different than the other Mario sports titles....but I guess so.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

It's generally agreed the Mario Party series is just milking itself, not just the Mario name...most people don't care anymore though.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

konnichiwa said:
OMG sorry but this is the comment of the year!!!

@Misterd may I use this comment for my sig?

Sure!

konnichiwa said:
OMG sorry but this is the comment of the year!!!

@Misterd may I use this comment for my sig?

Sure!

BenKenobi88 said:
Ok, fine, it's humorous.

EDIT: Strikers felt quite a bit different than the other Mario sports titles....but I guess so.

Strikers is like Mad Max crossed with Dragon Ball Z crossed with soccer.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck
Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
I don't get it...yeah, there's a ton of Mario games, but it's not "over-used" for the most part in my opinion.

I find it's typically fanboys of other systems that accuse Nintendo of rehashing Mario all the time to cash the cow. I enjoy most of the Mario games, because they're generally of good quality.

Using Mario for every single Nintendo game would definitely be overkill, which is why they picked Zelda for this game. Makes sense to me...

As long as most of the games remain good, I could care less as well. But now that we have:

Mario 2D platformers

Mario 3D platformers

Mario Kart

Mario RPG

Mario Party

Mario Golf

Mario Tennis

Mario Soccer

Mario Baseball

Mario Basketball

Doctor Mario

Mario and Sonic at the Olympics

Super Smash Bros*

Not to mention independent title for Mario-verse characters with Peach, Wario, Yoshi, Luigi and of course Donkey Kong**, it's a bit too late to start worrying about over-exposure.

*Techincally not a Mario title, but his mug is always predominantly featured in ads, and it does give Mario and his crew much more exposure.

**Yeah, I know that by title, Mario is technicaly a spin-off of the Donkey Kong series, but since the first DK game had you controlling Mario in a platformer trying to save a pink chick, you could argue that the gameplay was all Mario.

Looks like it's time to start using Luigi more.

Predictions for 2009: (Right) (Wrong) (Partial)

Pokemon Gold/Silver DS Japan in September

NES colored Wii and SNES Classic Controler for Christmas

Super Role Bros for Christmas

FF Remakes announced; VII PS3 VIII 360 IX Wii

New Super Mario World November 2009

I will agree, Mario has been in tons and tons of games.

However, the context of the interview was that he wasn't going to use the Galaxy engine and make 5 new Core Mario Platformers with different ideas, though I would love that.

lol Miyamoto. But it's Miyamoto anyway, you can't do anything besides find this amusing :)

Pikaboo said:
Looks like it's time to start using Luigi more.

Toadette imo,  Liugi already got his own game!

It is time for a game with Toadette.