By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Exclusives are Graphical Beasts!

disolitude said:
psrock said:
disolitude said:
Do any of these games support 2 player split screen? I won't even ask about 4...

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=73671

Use it folks, it does helps a lot.

You're being an ass... I asked a valid question.

Why did you actually need to ask that question in a thread about graphics?

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
disolitude said:
Do any of these games support 2 player split screen? I won't even ask about 4...

I dont see how that matters...

But Gran Turismo 5 (The best looking out of them all) will have at least 2 player split screen, possibly 4.

I admit that Uncharted 2 looks stunning but I was wondering if it has split screen implemneted. That would really put the game in the league of its own. Gears 2 does 2 player have split screen, so does Resident Evil 5 which is multi...extra points need to be given to those games because these things have their effects on games graphics.

It will be interesting to see how Forza 3 and GT5 stack up next to each other visually if both do 2 player split screen. If one does 4 player that one has an excuse for looking worse

Carl2291 said:
disolitude said:
psrock said:
disolitude said:

The question wasnt the issue, it was what he said after  " I won't even ask about 4" , that my friend is called trolling, implying, yes these games look good, but they can't even do 2 player support, ad forget about 4. And doing so on a thread about Graphic.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

@Carl
I asked this because it is easier to make a beautiful looking game if you say "screw split screen" form the get go and concentrate on maxing out the engine with hardware available.

psrock said:
Carl2291 said:
disolitude said:
psrock said:
disolitude said:

The question wasnt the issue, it was what he said after  " I won't even ask about 4" , that my friend is called trolling, implying, yes these games look good, but they can't even do 2 player support, ad forget about 4. And doing so on a thread about Graphic.

As established with carl GT5 "may" do 4 player split screen which I didn't know.

But I didn't think other than GT5, that these games do split screen at all... So I said, I won't even bother asking if they do 4 cause very few games on any system do... If that is trolling to you, then you need to adjust your definition for trolling.

Around the Network

I dont see how it really matters, because games graphics are usually judged on single player, or Online multiplayer.

Whatever floats your boat though... i guess.

CGI-Quality said:
List = FAIL

No HEAVY RAIN, no applaud from CGI-Quality....

Seriously though, no game I've seen even touches it's character detail, it's insane!!! Nevertheless, awesome list!

I warned him!

Sorry i let you down

Carl2291 said:
I dont see how it really matters, because games graphics are usually judged on single player, or Online multiplayer.

I think you are completely missing the aspect of split screen and what effect it has on games. Lets say you are using all these lighting effects and huge polygon numbers to render the environment and characters. You squeeze all you can from the engine and then all of a sudden you are told to render that twice and make split screen happen. It wont work and there will be some serious framerate hits and chugging... See split screen in Unreal Tournament 3 on xbox 360 for proof.

When designing a game wih split screen in mind, single player visuals will suffer as you really can't change how the game looks much if being played with split screen.

If you say "screw split screen" from the get go and you squeeze the maximum you can form the engine game should turn out looking significantly better.

I would really have to tip my hat to Uncharted 2 folks if they managed to make it look like that, and still kept split screen feature. So I asked a question...

Last time I checked, message boards are suppsoed to be informative

disolitude said:
Carl2291 said:

I think you are completely missing the aspect of split screen and what effect it has on games. Lets say you are using all these lighting effects and huge polygon numbers to render the environment and characters. You squeeze all you can from the engine and then all of a sudden you are told to render that twice and make split screen happen. It wont work and there will be some serious framerate hits and chugging... See split screen in Unreal Tournament 3 on xbox 360 for proof.

When designing a game wih split screen in mind, single player visuals will suffer as you really can't change how the game looks much if being played with split screen.

If you say "screw split screen" from the get go and you squeeze the maximum you can form the engine game should turn out looking significantly better.

I would really have to tip my hat to Uncharted 2 folks if they managed to make it look like that, and still kept split screen feature. So I asked a question...

Last time I checked, message boards are suppsoed to be informative

But still... it wont matter at all in graphics review scores, or to anything else apart from a few picky people.

CGI-Quality said:
@ disolitude

Give it up man, you started a problem in this thread for no reason. I respect your subjectivity most of the time, but you ARE wrong here.

I don't see how I'm wrong. I just wanted to know if Uncharted 2 does split screen and still looks like that... I didn't realize that this was just a big graphics screenshot circle jerk. But now that I know let me change my reply to...

"Wow. Those screenshots look sweet. PS3 is awesome."