By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony still dead SET on selling 13 MILLION PS3s in 2009!

darthdevidem01 said:
Da Teacha KRS said:
darthdevidem01 said:

@atma

truth be told

IF ANYTHING it is GT5 that can be a real system seller for PS3

it comes from a 10 million per game selling franchise

I'm sure you expected Halo 3 & Zelda to sell TONS of Xbox 360's & wii's respectively

well guess what, Gran Turismo is bigger than both of them

I lol'd.

lol @ what

facts taken from this website?

Actually we don't know if GT is bigger than Halo until GT5 comes out, and has been out for a while...

Around the Network
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
hey ddint gt3 sell like 15 fukin million or something? gt is a massive franchise! way bigger than halo. xbox fanboys come up with the funniest shit. then again halo is like the god of xbox isnt it?

kowenicki said:
@nj5

my point too... and the further you are into a gen the less of an impact it will see. GT5 and FFXIII are the only ones left... and even those are region specific.

lmfao

ohh you are a special one.

Just what region wont GT5 increase sales ?

People are aware that if Sony changes their forecast they need to make an official statement about it, they can't just tell it to some reporter if he asks about it? So basically the only possible answer to that question is that nothing changed?

So I guess everyone is expecting GT5 to outsell Halo 3 ?

Around the Network
Dark Chaos said:
So I guess everyone is expecting GT5 to outsell Halo 3 ?

Why not.

A GT Demo sold equal to its best competitiors full release. (Forza2) a demo did 4 million.

kowenicki isn't too wrong

GT5 is a MASSIVE SYSTEM SELLEr in EU & maybe Japan

FF13 in Japan

The only massive worldwide system sellers left are really only the pokemon games (if we are talking about classic franchises)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

@kowenicki

MASSIVE = as big as HALO & FF are in America/Japan respectively

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Well, my expectations are even greater. I'm looking forward to NO GAP between the 360 and PS3 sales by the end of Summer 2010.

though I'm pro-sony, I think PS3 sales will be on an average pace through the rest of sept till mid/late november, I think from black friday 09 forward, the PS3 will see some booming sales!