By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony still dead SET on selling 13 MILLION PS3s in 2009!

They know damn well they are gonna bundle the hell out of the GT5/PS3 and push it with a massive marketing.

Around the Network

Man... i've just read all of this :(

Now how about we wait until after TGS and hear all of the big announcements before we decide and declare what we think is going to happen, I mean, how many of us (despite all of the evidance!) thought that Sony won't introduce the Slim at gamescom? Or thought they'll introduce the slim but without a price drop? How many of us thought the slim's first week sales are going to be 350K~?
I say that, first, we need to see the slim's sales in it's second week, what happens if it drops to 200K? what happens if it drops to 450K? What happens if it doesn't drop? What "megatons" can Sony have at TSG? FF7 remake? KH3? None of them? (Probably :P ) And what will the other companies do? Will it effect the Slim sales?
Making estimates now, when there may be big changes soon, for me, seems to be a bit silly.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Selling or shipping 13 million, Shipping sure, they can stuff the channel, selling, I'm going to say no, not a chance

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Selling or shipping 13 million, Shipping sure, they can stuff the channel, selling, I'm going to say no, not a chance

its always been shipped. And sony can only stuff as much as retailers are willing to take. which means it still needs to be selling fairly well no matter what

DEAR LORD

That stupid debate with atma continued after I went to sleep for so long!!!! lol

So for the new page I'll say again

SONY will STUFF the channel with PS3's & make the prediction

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

i dont know if someone has answered this already, but how many consoles has Sony Sold So far this year already? Thats a pretty big factor i think.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

I suppose they could attain this number if they massively overship at the end of the fiscal year (i.e. March 2010). However this could be hard to do, due to reasons such as:

- A lot of retailers cutting down on inventory levels due to the recession.
- Retailers going out of business due to the recession (i.e. less retailers to keep stock at).
- March is not a high demand period, so it's hard to convince retailers that they should buy lots of stock at that time.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

forevercloud3000 said:
i dont know if someone has answered this already, but how many consoles has Sony Sold So far this year already? Thats a pretty big factor i think.

http://www.vgchartz.com/yearly.php

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

forevercloud3000 said:

Since the beginning of the fiscal year (April 2009), they have sold around 2.8 million according to VGC. This means they have to sell 10.2 million between now and the end of March 2010.

PS: Note that their objective is 13 million in the fiscal year (Apr 2009 - Mar 2010) not in calendar year 2009.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Ah, its the fiscal year, still not going to happen under current conditions, but they do have more time, maybe another price drop