By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Matt Cassamassina Is Leaving the IGN Nintendo Team...

MontanaHatchet said:
I thought a lot of Nintendo fans liked Matt. What's with all the sudden hate for him?

What Mr Khan said.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
MontanaHatchet said:
I thought a lot of Nintendo fans liked Matt. What's with all the sudden hate for him?

We as a whole were generally rather divided about him. It's true that he was one of the fairer forces at work in the industry when it came to Nintendo (though that isn't saying much), but he had his own peculiarities that made him very unlikable to Nintendo fans. To me, the problem was that he has a bit of a fixation on Old Nintendo, and has occasionally spiraled into bouts of hatred for new Nintendo (and not, like, new new Nintendo that we know today. He had a bit of a meltdown with regards to Nintendo back on 2003)

Sounds about right.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
Mr Khan said:
MontanaHatchet said:

We as a whole were generally rather divided about him. It's true that he was one of the fairer forces at work in the industry when it came to Nintendo (though that isn't saying much), but he had his own peculiarities that made him very unlikable to Nintendo fans. To me, the problem was that he has a bit of a fixation on Old Nintendo, and has occasionally spiraled into bouts of hatred for new Nintendo (and not, like, new new Nintendo that we know today. He had a bit of a meltdown with regards to Nintendo back on 2003)

Sounds about right.

Also, Matt is very graphics / style obsessed. He only compares Wii games to other Wii games but they seem to have a much bigger influence than gameplay does in his reviews. He is better than Bozon for the machoism that affects the "hardcore", he doesn't seem to let whether a game is M-rated affect his review, which is sadly Bozon's only real problem.

3DS - 2277 - 6636 - 6675 WiiU - Vectorferret
(Write on wall or PM if adding)

He's been clearly sick of Nintendo for years. I'm surprised he didn't get this earlier (though it seems to be for his own benefit, rather than for the site).

My problems with Matt are what he's responsible for, lots of rumors based on nothing or next to nothing. Gameboy Evolution, Halo DS, Kid Icarus Wii, etc.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Halo DS and kid icarus were actually both prototypes. they were never game sin full development tho

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network
woopah said:
Halo DS and kid icarus were actually both prototypes. they were never game sin full development tho

Exactly, and as a journalist he should have known better and kept schtum about them. More projects are dumped than are completed, but he continually acts like these things are definitely on the way, when in reality he's just seen someone's demo...

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

The reason why I dont like Matt is because his a giant man child.

Do you want a person who admits he will purposely give a game low scores in hope (or do I say on a mission)  to sell less products?

If your willing to trust a reviewer or the site his apart of after reading this, your an idiot.  Because that IS being completly biased and unprofessional.

He is the most biased Nintendo Fanboy video game critic. This is not a problem when he only reviews Nintendo gaming products, but I can only imagine how bad his Microsoft and Sony reviews are going to be.

Well, nice to know that his bullshit about Halo DS, Kid Icarus Wii, and pretty much everything that every Nintendo fanboy would ever want is finally going to be put to rest.

darthdevidem01 said:
never heard of him

but I guess thats a promotion, so great for him & his family!