By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Matt Cassamassina Is Leaving the IGN Nintendo Team...

So the Kid Icarus rumours will finally be put to rest?

Around the Network

So now the Wii and DS, which get far more games between them than any other team has to cover are going to be covered by just two people when they have a large team for just the 360. If that doesn't show IGN's bias I don't know what does.

3DS - 2277 - 6636 - 6675 WiiU - Vectorferret
(Write on wall or PM if adding)
Vectorferret said:
So now the Wii and DS, which get far more games between them than any other team has to cover are going to be covered by just two people when they have a large team for just the 360. If that doesn't show IGN's bias I don't know what does.

They have a nintendo fan reviewing all games now. That doesn't show bias, dur dur dur dur dur dur dur dur dur. Imagine an xbox fan reviewing SSBB... it woulda got an 8.

I hate IGN i dont know who this guy is though so i dont have anything to say

Nintendo is the best videogames company ever!

It perhaps means that there is so few upcoming games of his interest for Wii/DS and he got bored of nintendo consoles. Now looking for greener, better looking and taster pastures to review.

Around the Network

IGN found their main market, nintendo fanboys.

Honestly, I expected this. He held out against the industrywide anti-Wii bias longer than many reviewers, but Wii Music seems to have broken the camel's back with the role he took in the smear campaign against that game.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

im_sneaky said:
Vectorferret said:

They have a nintendo fan reviewing all games now. That doesn't show bias, dur dur dur dur dur dur dur dur dur. Imagine an xbox fan reviewing SSBB... it woulda got an 8.

You are dead on with that one.  GiantBomb gave it a 4/5.  Lowest score the game got until a review that came out two months after the game was released.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

So more false rumors and oh course no actual proof to there claims either. Wonderful.

theRepublic said:
im_sneaky said:
Vectorferret said:

You are dead on with that one.  GiantBomb gave it a 4/5.  Lowest score the game got until a review that came out two months after the game was released.

Which would make more sense IMO. People gave it high reviews first because it had "Smash" in the name, even though it barely plays like one (in many ways).

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!