By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sorry, but Sony just got owned tonight (Marketing related)

MrNathanDrake said:
Aj_habfan said:
I watched all of that game, saw no 360 commercials and about 4 PS3 ones. They were the "Rumour control" ones and the "exclusive Joker" Batman ones. I think I was watching the TSN feed (the ESPN of Cananda) for it though, not the NBC one, so my experience might just familiar to the Canadian viewers.

I'm also in Canada, and the game wasn't even shown on TSN. It was only on NBC

It most certainly was on TSN, I think I would know what channel I was on. I switched to NBC at one point because of an annoying commercial but then switched back.

http://www.channelcanada.com/Article3437.html

Read the first line of the 3rd paragraph if you don't believe me.

Around the Network

Sony just need to stay competitive in the U.S, one commercial is good enough for an event such as this, let Microsoft spend their money on 5 ads, they are in a better position to do so in the states anyway.

I've noticed more effort from Sony in Japan, and the Others region, I expect them to push big ads there than in the U.S, because they have a better chance of being successful against their competition there.

Look what I found guys... Very nice vid indeed ;)

http://www.ps3insider.de/index.php?section=news&newsid=3042 Just klick on "Hier geht es zum Video" and have fun ;)

Life is short... It is all about priorities!

I am a Freerider 4 life, no matter if on a surfboard in the sea, a snowboard or ski in the mountains or the combo with a kite in the plains... Adrenaline's my engine and better than any video game can ever be - Check it out! ^.^b

Just a thought, who has seen the ads during a top Japanese sporting event?

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

i do have to admit i dont like racing games but that Need or speed footage...dam that is pretty

Around the Network
mesoteto said:
i do have to admit i dont like racing games but that Need or speed footage...dam that is pretty

Yup.

It's probably cheap for MS to advertise, because it's basically a EA Sports commercial with a 5 second "Xbox 360 now $100 off" with a picture of the Elite at the end of the commercial.

Very smart on MS part though, I'm sure the majority of ppl watching that don't know it's a multiplat, and MS certainly is doing good imbedding their brand in everyones head

If one commercial isn't enough to drive the point across, I doubt 6 will lol. Don't you guys get tired of watching the same commercials over and over? I can count on one hand the number of commercials I don't mind watching over and over. I'd rather put one or two commercials to let people know you're there and spend the resources elsewhere. 6 over one channel inside 3 hours is just too much.

"In the end, you're always on your own."

~ Squalll Leonheart

Monday Night Raw (shut up people) is the most watched show every monday. Over 8 million people in the first hour and 6 million people in the second hour. Nearly every week.

During both hours I saw a combined 5 "It Only Does Everything" ads during the show last week and 5 this week.

America is such a mountain for Sony to climb now.

Smashed said:
Yet it outsold every console last week.

Well it has done it before going all the way back to when the Europe launch took place. 

Nah I'm just kidding it was nice for PS3. 

As for this... I don't think commercials in sports events involving video game companies relate in any way to Sony's well being with the "casual" market.  That would be a non sequitur fallacy.  Try again.