By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sorry, but Sony just got owned tonight (Marketing related)

Yeah, the thing is that Xbox 360 needs advertising right now, if not theres no reason someone in their right mind would purchase one (unless one RROD and want to keep his gamerpoints and friend list). On the other end the PS3 will sell by itself, price point, exclusive as good as Xbox, blue ray, PSN as good as Xbox live now... and people and media also talk positively of sony. Sony dont need 5 publicities in an hour.

So it was a good move from each company!

Around the Network

Watching the Colts game today, I saw two PS3 ads. And I only watched the second half.

Also, last night I saw two PS3 ads. Don't know what channel it was, though.

X360 WAS OWNED!!111!shift1!

Yeah that could mean huge boost for 360 this holiday.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

well...it depends on when the show the commercail, I've seen the PS3 commercial numerous times on Spike tv, G4tv, cartoon network(during adult swim) and especially the USA network, if any of you watch WWE RAW there's about 2-4 commercials every week for that show alone.

I guess the reason why it was shown so much during that football game is that the 360 has a bigger madden population/fanbase.

I guess where and when the commercials are shown are to prove what kind of people MS, and Sony are trying to get the attention of!

guys its not all about campaigning lol....if you walk into a store your going to see both the 360 and PS3, oh i wonder what i should get for 300$???? an HD system, or a BLUERAY system hmmmmm

Around the Network

Well, I DO think that the PS3 will make more of an impression to the average person at the same price given the blu-ray angle as well.  Other than that though, I really think most people's decisions (non gamers already) come down to two main factors:

1.  Brand recognition (can swing either way depending on person and their experiences)

2.  What their friends have (word of mouth advertising).

I watched a lot of Football(NFL network) today and surprisingly every commercial break there were the $299 PS3 commercials and some other PS3 commercial involving Madden...I don't think I saw 1 Xbox commercial

jphuff said:

Well, I DO think that the PS3 will make more of an impression to the average person at the same price given the blu-ray angle as well.  Other than that though, I really think most people's decisions (non gamers already) come down to two main factors:

1.  Brand recognition (can swing either way depending on person and their experiences)

2.  What their friends have (word of mouth advertising).

Yeah, im a sale manager and totally agree with that!

Sony/Playstation sponsor freaking Champions League by the way.

hey i watched 15 minutes of tv today and only saw one game ad, its Was Batman joker commercial, no 360 wow major fail MS you suck at advertising. You don't know how to capture my demographic.

M$ has more money to spend than the sony playstation branch