By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sorry, but Sony just got owned tonight (Marketing related)

MrNathanDrake said:
iBlah said:
MrNathanDrake said:
I dont care about sales, I'm talking about marketing during one of the highest rated programs in the entire month of September.

Sony got owned. That's all. Their marketing hasnt improved much at all. They still dont have a clue.

don't say it like its a fact. when I got off the train this morning, I saw slim posters in every direction I turn, even buses have slim painted on them, PS3 ads are overwhelming here, and our country is one of the smallest markets for video games. Now more xbox ads were shown during one football game Sony's entire marketing scheme is already failed?

6 Commercials during a massively popular football game in America > Having posters in one of the smallest markets for video games

having posters in one of the smallest markets for video games = lots of resources into the marketing overall by Sony

6 Commercials during a massively popular football game in America = moneyhatting one channle by MS, not enough an indication that Sony's markeing is failing world wide.

Around the Network
iBlah said:
MrNathanDrake said:
iBlah said:
MrNathanDrake said:
I dont care about sales, I'm talking about marketing during one of the highest rated programs in the entire month of September.

Sony got owned. That's all. Their marketing hasnt improved much at all. They still dont have a clue.

don't say it like its a fact. when I got off the train this morning, I saw slim posters in every direction I turn, even buses have slim painted on them, PS3 ads are overwhelming here, and our country is one of the smallest markets for video games. Now more xbox ads were shown during one football game Sony's entire marketing scheme is already failed?

6 Commercials during a massively popular football game in America > Having posters in one of the smallest markets for video games

having posters in one of the smallest markets for video games = lots of resources into the marketing overall by Sony

6 Commercials during a massively popular football game in America = moneyhatting one channle by MS, not enough an indication that Sony's markeing is failing world wide.

Think what you want. Personally I'd rather have my product advertised to millions and millions of people with numerous commercials than to have my product advertised by little posters that are only seen by a few thousand people.

MrNathanDrake said:
iBlah said:
MrNathanDrake said:
iBlah said:
MrNathanDrake said:

Think what you want. Personally I'd rather have my product advertised to millions and millions of people with numerous commercials than to have my product advertised by little posters that are only seen by a few thousand people.

.....then why do you think Sony already failed after they got over advertised by MS during one single football game on one single channle? and as you said in the title, Sony got pwned "tonight", there are more games to come and how do you know they won't pick it up? finally when did TV commercials become only way of advertising? normally the most common way of advertise a video game console cinsistently is by "little posters" in video game related magazines, as every reader is also a potential buyer. Air a 30 seconds commerical on TV during prime time costs thouands of dollars, with that money you can cover the entire city in little posters for weeks to come. Sony's marketing has improved over the time and they definitely have a  clue what they are planning, wait until you see the marketing campign for GT5 bundles kicks off.

dhummel said:
Smashed said:
Yet it outsold every console last week.

lol, I can tell you've been waiting so long to say that. Enjoy it while it lasts.

It's funny how all the 360 fanboys say something like this now. Like PS3 sales are really going to drop from 550k all the way down to 150k the following week and then just stay selling at that level all the way through next year. So tell me Dhummel how long do you predict sales like these will last for the PS3 then.

Hey I'm all for the PS3 selling loads of consols but it wouldn't bother me if it did drop to 100k next week and stayed doing that each week because I have my PS3 and I'll still enjoy all the great games they have coming but it gets boring listening to 360 fanboys saying enjoy this while it last's as if Microsoft has a nuclear weapon ready about to drop on Sony that will change the outcome of the Consol war.

Sony has great momentum right now coming from a newer model and a good price drop and it's about to see some really good exclusives drop on each side of the pond in the next 6 months that will keep the momentum a float. Stop talking about sales like your nostradamus and you seen the future. Anything can happen this generation. Stop digging holes for ourselfs and dropping flame bait for the other side to react to. latley a lot of people are becoming too confident in there predictions that it's going to start a lot of flaming in the near future.

Yeah I know this is a site about gaming sales but come on people, there's possitive talk and theres negative talk. Can't we all talk positive

$ony advertises heavily during WWE Raw Monday Nights I see a $ony ad almost every other commercial but very few 360 ads.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Around the Network
numonex said:
XBox 360 is owned by Microsoft an American company and it is no surprise that the media in America would favour the XBox 360 over the PS3 a foreign product. Microsoft has a say in what goes in regards to marketing in America.

Microsoft spend a lot more money in marketing the XBox 360 in America than what Sony spends on marketing the PS3 in America. The XBox 360 has a stronger market share in America than the PS3 and it will try to hold its sales lead over the PS3 in America.

Oh all the Americans I know so far prefer German cars or Japanse cars (Nissan, Toyota) towards American cars like Ford (fixed or repaired daily - that's what they taught me).

It sounds like you underestimate Americans... I believe they are able to think properly and in an economical way when it comes up to quality. ;)

For me as a European it seems like they are at least.

@Mr Drake: Don't get yourself bothered by some ads... M$ has the "We borrowed music which is used in LBP" Ad which is viral marketing for the PS3 and LBP, there is another Sony commercial just about LBP now, the Demo arrived to PSN and the funny "It does everything" campaign will have a much bigger impact with new customers / Wii customers than old and reliable franchises M$ is doing commercials for... That's like commercials for us who already know what to chose ;) Just keep cool and watch the increasing market share Sony will obtain during holiday and spring.

Life is short... It is all about priorities!

I am a Freerider 4 life, no matter if on a surfboard in the sea, a snowboard or ski in the mountains or the combo with a kite in the plains... Adrenaline's my engine and better than any video game can ever be - Check it out! ^.^b

I only saw the PS3 advert once on TV. LOL.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Don't stress, SONY's got all the right moves of late.

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

Yes, Microsoft puts a lot more ffort into marketing their console to the American, NFL watching market. This is nothing new or surprising

I also watched the season opener. Go Steelers! But i didnt watch the pre-game, and the PS3 commercial was the opening commercial for the first break in the first quarter. So my initial thought was Wow, good one.