By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sorry, but Sony just got owned tonight (Marketing related)

When wii eventually gets outsold that is all you will have left to say. :P

Around the Network

I watched all of that game, saw no 360 commercials and about 4 PS3 ones. They were the "Rumour control" ones and the "exclusive Joker" Batman ones. I think I was watching the TSN feed (the ESPN of Cananda) for it though, not the NBC one, so my experience might just familiar to the Canadian viewers.

I watched that game also. I probably only saw like 4 360 commercials throughout the whole game. I remember seeing one PS3 commercial actually during the game, but like 2 or 3 more in the show leading up to the game (pregame show). So throughout the whole thing it was about evened out. And one of the PS3 commercials in the pregame show was a madden 2010 commercial that was a decently long commercial and at the end it showed the PS3.

Get your Portable ID!

End of 2009 sales predictions:

PS3 - 33 Million     360 - 40 Million    Wii - 75 Million

MrNathanDrake said:
I dont care about sales, I'm talking about marketing during one of the highest rated programs in the entire month of September.

Sony got owned. That's all. Their marketing hasnt improved much at all. They still dont have a clue.

don't say it like its a fact. when I got off the train this morning, I saw slim posters in every direction I turn, even buses have slim painted on them, PS3 ads are overwhelming here, and our country is one of the smallest markets for video games. Now more xbox ads were shown during one football game Sony's entire marketing scheme is already failed?

Aj_habfan said:
I watched all of that game, saw no 360 commercials and about 4 PS3 ones. They were the "Rumour control" ones and the "exclusive Joker" Batman ones. I think I was watching the TSN feed (the ESPN of Cananda) for it though, not the NBC one, so my experience might just familiar to the Canadian viewers.

NBC one was 7-1 commercial advantage for the 360.

Around the Network

It's obvious that the only reason why ps3 isn't at the top is the price point that it's had previously. :p And it's still the most expensive one .. and were in a recession.

Check out my game about moles ^

Staude said:
It's obvious that the only reason why ps3 isn't at the top is the price point that it's had previously. :p And it's still the most expensive one .. and were in a recession.

Plus Sony's marketing budget is not as big as MS's marketing budget.

CGI-Quality said:
Smashed said:
dhummel said:
Smashed said:
Yet it outsold every console last week.

lol, I can tell you've been waiting so long to say that. Enjoy it while it lasts.

True story, but it won't be the last time I'll be saying that line this holiday season.

And I was also making a point, if they can't market a product, how did 550,000 people find out about the PS3 slim?

Even if you disagree with his usual posting style dhummel, this is a very good point...

It's not a vallid point, early consumers always know about a product before the advertisement and it isn't unlikely that 400K PS3 fans had their calendars marked since they learned about it. I'm not saying it isn't a strong sign for PS3 domination in the comming months but the early 550K had little to nothing to do with the marketing of Sony. The next sales however will have more to do with that and that will show that the marketing is good enough because I'm sure it will go up to the millions but the 550K means little to nothing.

Aj_habfan said:

I'm also in Canada, and the game wasn't even shown on TSN. It was only on NBC

iBlah said:
MrNathanDrake said:
I dont care about sales, I'm talking about marketing during one of the highest rated programs in the entire month of September.

Sony got owned. That's all. Their marketing hasnt improved much at all. They still dont have a clue.

don't say it like its a fact. when I got off the train this morning, I saw slim posters in every direction I turn, even buses have slim painted on them, PS3 ads are overwhelming here, and our country is one of the smallest markets for video games. Now more xbox ads were shown during one football game Sony's entire marketing scheme is already failed?

6 Commercials during a massively popular football game in America > Having posters in one of the smallest markets for video games