By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sorry, but Sony just got owned tonight (Marketing related)

1 Superbowl commercial isnt going to make a difference.

6 separate 360 commercials advertising well known popular games. THAT makes a difference.

I expect this trend will continue all throughout the entire NFL season. 360 ads at a 5:1 ratio compared to PS3. Maybe even more.

That can't be good for business. I thought Sony was stepping their marketing game up!?

Around the Network

i guess microsoft checks the Playstation blog alot xD

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/09/it-only-does-family-togetherness/comment-page-1/#comment-268957

see here? he mentioned WHEN are they going to show , so microsoft is just clicked on that link and counter it with their own ads.

and as funny as the new PS3 commercials are, shouldnt they have some that are purely about the game itself?

So this means that the 360 is for sure to outsell the PS3 this coming week. LOL

ah that sucks.
Hopefully nobody pays attention to football commercials.

Around the Network
MrNathanDrake said:
and as funny as the new PS3 commercials are, shouldnt they have some that are purely about the game itself?

Ive been waiting for the Playstation 3 game on the Playstation 3 console for 3 years.....its vaporware, chief.

Its funny how MS goes all out on advertising and ps3 still sold way more than it at the same price ( and having the other at $199). This says something, People still see ps3 as the best choice in America,

blackops said:
Its funny how MS goes all out on advertising and ps3 still sold way more than it at the same price ( and having the other at $199). This says something, People still see ps3 as the best choice in America,

Take a look at the user base if you want to see what people see as the best choice in America.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

CGI-Quality said:
themanwithnoname said:
blackops said:

Take a look at the user base if you want to see what people see as the best choice in America.

That would be...........

Home console: Nintendo Wii

Handheld: Nintendo DS

Really? I thought it was the PS3.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

I dont care about sales, I'm talking about marketing during one of the highest rated programs in the entire month of September.

Sony got owned. That's all. Their marketing hasnt improved much at all. They still dont have a clue.