By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ken Kutaragi has his REVENGE! (Boo SONY for firing him)!!

Nick:

^^i am sorry i think you are seriously deluded, if you add up this weeks sales and times them by five you only get 237, 432 ps3 sales, so how on earth do you explain the rest of the number the didn't just come from nowhere you know and the 500k is only for four days, just wait it will be more by the end of the week

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network

Why would they re employ him?.... Sony has lost billions on the ps3! Just because the slims had one good week doesnt meam hes a ledgend!

The redesign and ad campaign would have cost them a fortune! The slim will have to sell like this for a llllooonnnggg time before it becomes a sucksess

jneul said:

Nick:

^^i am sorry i think you are seriously deluded, ikf you add up this weeks sales and times them by five you only get 237, 432 ps3 sales, so how on earth do you explain the rest of the number the didn't just come from nowhere you know and the 500k is only for four days, just wait it will be more by the end of the week

I'm sorry but I have no clue what you're trying to say to me.  I know their sales are great this week.... my point was they were pretty awful for the last month that everyone knew a slim and pricecut were coming.  This week of amazing sales is basically a month of pent up demand all being sold in one week.  I know the sales are great and way better than expected.  I am just saying that the price drop and new model being leaked didn't just effect sales after the launch... they've been effecting sales for a while now and if you take the aggregate total of it's effect it's a lot less impressive.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

It is amazing how everyone blames Kutaragi for the early mishaps in sales for the PS3. Sony knew ahead of time they would be expecting massive losses. This is total bullshit. All this crap for two cell processors? I call bullshit. It was the price of Blu Ray which hiked the price of the PS3 through the roof. It's because of the PS3 why Blu Ray is streamline priced now and it was safer for the PS3 to cut costs in 2008 (despite losses).

oh come on you know that the ps3 was not selling as well as this before the slim came out even before stocks started to dwindle, stop being deluded.

all i ever hear is you wii fans winging about how people bash you because it sells well, well guess what ps3 is selling well this week, get used to it coz i bet that if gt5 comes out and i know ffxiii is coming out the great sales will continue for the ps3, what has the wii got the christmas, wii fit plus, hmm i think lots of casuals who already have the first one will pass on this

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network

Yeah! Instead of the PS3 costing Sony billions and getting 3rd place, it's going to cost Sony Billions and get 2nd Place.

Ken is a saint!

Seriously, i know your excited the PS3 is doing better... but it's almost a guarantee the PS3 isn't going to break even lifetime...

His firing was justified... he went from best to possibly the costliest console in history.

jneul said:

oh come on you know that the ps3 was not selling as well as this before the slim came out even before stocks started to dwindle, stop being deluded.

all i ever hear is you wii fans winging about how people bash you because it sells well, well guess what ps3 is selling well this week, get used to it coz i bet that if gt5 comes out and i know ffxiii is coming out the great sales will continue for the ps3, what has the wii got the christmas, wii fit plus, hmm i think lots of casuals who already have the first one will pass on this

Did you read anything that I just wrote or do you just not understand any of it? 

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

jneul said:

The boost will last until the holiday season is over and then slow down as usual. Price cuts  happen. No game that the PS3 has will sell amazingly well next year.

JamesCizuz said:
disolitude said:
Man you sure know how to make some special threads...

Actually I want to smoke what you are smoking when you made this thread.

Sony lost about 25 million dollars selling these PS3s today. They still take about a 50 dollar loss on each system sold and have lost billions thus far. Ken may have hit a home run with a ps1 and ps2...but he screwed up so badly commercially with PS3 that he should not be allowed near a console ever again. Sony wendt from console dominance to fighting for second position and being dead last in console profits despite having 2 proffitable consoles on the market...

You do know both PS1 and PS2 sold for a loss right? PS1 took 2 years before seeing profits, and PS2 took nearly 3.

Sony lost billions on those 2, then recouped when they became popular and started selling at a profit.

Oh yeah PS1 and PS2 didn't sell well at first, till massive price drops as well. See a trend? PS3 is a little behind that trend, but still following it.

don't just pull stufff out of your ass.  There are no recorded losses from the PS1, and Sony only recorded a loss for the gaming sector in 1 quarter with the PS2, only a 300k loss which was immediately earned back the next quarter. The PS3 has been losing money in every quarter since it came out besides 2 or 3 and has recorded nearly 4 billion in losses (not counting the losses offset by ps2/psp).  Do some research before posting. 

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Vut its NOT kutaragi's fault

SONY FORCED him to put blu-ray in

did you expect him to come on stage & say

"oh yeah its got this thing called blu-ray" ina VERY depressed & un-impressed way

OFCOURSE NOT, he had to do his job in PUSHING the PS3

SONY is responsible for PS3's early fiasco, NOT kutaragi!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey