By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ken Kutaragi has his REVENGE! (Boo SONY for firing him)!!

I was against Sony firing him. I hated how they treated the situation.

That was the first in many terrible moves by Sony early on.

Unfortunatly I don't think he should come back.

Around the Network

I think Darth despises Sony. That's the only way to explain his threads that make suggestions that would cripple the company. Ken got the blame because it was his fault. He was promoted to President of SCE. He made all the decisions and he gets all the blame. He should have never been promoted. He's a great engineer but a poor business man. Without someone overseeing him, he ran wild and it cost Sony greatly.

Darc Requiem said:

I think Darth despises Sony. That's the only way to explain his threads that make suggestions that would cripple the company. Ken got the blame because it was his fault. He was promoted to President of SCE. He made all the decisions and he gets all the blame. He should have never been promoted. He's a great engineer but a poor business man. Without someone overseeing him, he ran wild and it cost Sony greatly.

I've heard this said, but I think he was set up for failure.  I really do believe that other forces within the company basically demanded that the PS3 include hardware and reach certain objectives that made it impossible for him to do the right thing.