By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ken Kutaragi has his REVENGE! (Boo SONY for firing him)!!

gergroy said:
do you think the ps3 would be doing as well today if kutaragi was still calling the shots? He was fired for a reason. He lost assassins creed and grand theft auto exclusives among a lot of other things.

That was probably more due to good 360 sales and M$ just have more money than his fault.

Around the Network

It has only been a week so far. Just wait at least for a month or two to see what happens. Don't count your chocobos before they hatch.

ummmm, lets say in a fantasy world, the PS3 passes the wii by the end of this generation....it will be in spite of ken, not because of him.

Sony made the right moves letting him go and if, a big if, the PS3 turns the corner worldwide with its new marketing and price point and features it will be a direct result of the people that are employed at Sony now. not this guy.

steverhcp02 said:
ummmm, lets say in a fantasy world, the PS3 passes the wii by the end of this generation....it will be in spite of ken, not because of him.

Sony made the right moves letting him go and if, a big if, the PS3 turns the corner worldwide with its new marketing and price point and features it will be a direct result of the people that are employed at Sony now. not this guy.

Sorry to tell you, but Sony wouldn't have had 40% increases in their yearly revenue without Kutaragi and his view of the playstation. It's not because of him why the PS3 was expensive, but Sony and Blu Ray. Blu Ray was not Kutaragi's Idea. For crying out loud he used to create LED's for Sony during the 1970's. The guy is a flipping genius and can get a good product in and out at an affordable rate. Its funny that no one seems to notice, but everytime Sony raises the price of their product Ka Hirai is not stage....not Kutaragi, but Hirai. Fuck him.

Man you sure know how to make some special threads...

Actually I want to smoke what you are smoking when you made this thread.

Sony lost about 25 million dollars selling these PS3s today. They still take about a 50 dollar loss on each system sold and have lost billions thus far. Ken may have hit a home run with a ps1 and ps2...but he screwed up so badly commercially with PS3 that he should not be allowed near a console ever again. Sony wendt from console dominance to fighting for second position and being dead last in console profits despite having 2 proffitable consoles on the market...

Around the Network
disolitude said:

Sony lost about 25 million dollars selling these PS3s today. They still take about a 50 dollar loss on each system sold and have lost billions thus far. Ken may have hit a home run with a ps1 and ps2...but he screwed up so badly commercially with PS3 that he should not be allowed near a console ever again. Sony wendt from console dominance to fighting for second position and being dead last in console profits despite having 2 proffitable consoles on the market...

You do know both PS1 and PS2 sold for a loss right? PS1 took 2 years before seeing profits, and PS2 took nearly 3.

Sony lost billions on those 2, then recouped when they became popular and started selling at a profit.

Oh yeah PS1 and PS2 didn't sell well at first, till massive price drops as well. See a trend? PS3 is a little behind that trend, but still following it.

I would support the petition but I dont want to see Sony fall into the abyss. They needed to get rid of his shit talking ass, and every one like him at Sony before they run them selfs into the ground. I would never work harder or a second job to buy a PS3, and you can suck my Hairy balls Kutaragi im glad your gone!

"Leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game company’s, who don't know or care about you!"

JamesCizuz said:
disolitude said:

You do know both PS1 and PS2 sold for a loss right? PS1 took 2 years before seeing profits, and PS2 took nearly 3.

Sony lost billions on those 2, then recouped when they became popular and started selling at a profit.

Oh yeah PS1 and PS2 didn't sell well at first, till massive price drops as well. See a trend? PS3 is a little behind that trend, but still following it.

Yes...they are following $300 of bleeding price cuts per system. If Sony took $300 off of the predecessor systems they would've  been free half way through their existence.

Yridian said:
Nothing says comeback like 1 week of stellar sales, against the backdrop of three years of lackluster sales. Yes, it's as if the previous weeks never took place ...

That's the part I love the most about all of this.  A month of pent up demand - sold in one week - and everyone loses their minds.  Spread out that great week of sales over the last few weeks and it doesn't look that great all of the sudden.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

JamesCizuz said:
disolitude said:

I dont know where to begin here...so much is wrong.

PS1 beat the competition from day 1 with its snazzy advertising and bought exclusives. It didnt struggle to sell at all...it was number 1 from day 1.

PS2 sold 40 million before gamecube and xbox sold 10 million each. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/2373399.stm

Sony sold hardware for loss at launch to get a big install base right, but price cuts came very slowly with the other sony 2 consoles. Weve seen 300 dollars slashed from ps3 in 3 years...While no stats are available for this, most people can assume that PS1 and PS2 were profitable consoles within a year or two on the market.