By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Whats your GoTY so far?

albionus said:
1. MLB Power Pros

That choice might seem a bit odd so I'll explain it. It is the game this year that has surprised me the most seeing as I've never played the series before (obviously) and had no idea it existed before it released. It's the first baseball game I've played since Ken Griffey Jr Baseball on the SNES that I like which is great since baseball is the only sport I like but the video games are generally terrible. Lastly I've simply had more fun playing it than any other game.

If we're talking for me.  I actually agree with this.  This game takes the best parts of 8 bit and 16 bit baseball games and mix them with the best parts of modern baesball games AND throws in some humor to go with it.

Only difference is that i've liked every baseball game i've played.  However, this one is my favorite overall.

If we're talking if I was picking for a magzine or the general public.

Halo 3.  Hype isn't everything but it's in their and nothing matches the hype this game had, not even bioshock.  Also, the sales were huge... and i'm not hearing too many disapointed people.  Infact i know people who wern't going to buy the game and were just going to play it at a friends house.  After playing it they ended up buying it.

Around the Network

1. Metroid Prime 3
2. Bioshock
3.Zelda Phantom Hourglass
4. Orange Box
5. Eternal Sonata

That's for now...

But there is good chances that Eternal, Orange box and Zelda are bumped from this list by Mario Galaxy, Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect.

Gamertag : Dark Red Icarus  

Gamerscore : 29000!!!! still growing

PSN ID : Gamer9851

Now Playing : Soul Calibur 4 and World of Warcraft

Hmmm , let me see :

1) God of War 2
2) Ratchet & Clank Size Matters
3) Crush ( best puzzle game of the year )
4) Bioshock
5) MP3 ... just to be fair :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Uh lets see. So far...

1) Bioshock
2) Halo 3
3) Orange Box
4) Mario Strikers Charged
5) Gears of War

I wish I could put Zelda: Twilight Princess on there. And I'm expecting Super Mario Galaxy, Zack & Wiki, Mass Effect, and Assassin's Creed will also make a good run for my GotY vote.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Since I only own a 360 this gen and I haven't gotten a new PS2 game for a while all I can comment on is the 360 (games I've played and beaten):

1. Bioshock
  2. Halo 3
  3. Crackdown
  4. Blue Dragon
Though I would say that Crackdown and Blue Dragon are a distant 3rd and 4th, respectively.

http://www.fortress-forever.com/ Fortress Forever is out now!

Around the Network

For creativity and edginess BioShock
For world wide appeal Halo 3
For value and quality Orange Box

For racing Forza Motorsports 2
For platformers Ratchet & Clank (when it comes out) currently Crash of Titans
For adventures Drake Unchartered (when it comes out) currently none
For casual Super Mario Galaxy (when it comes out) currently Mario Party 8
For RPG Mass Effect (when it comes out) currently Blue Dragon

Overall GoTY Halo 3, then Mass Effect, then BioShock

Right now its Bioshock and then daylight.

By the end of the year I would predict that Mass Effect, SMG and Assassin's Creed will all be in contention.

Any of those four would be deserved winners of GOTY IMO.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 

Mario Galaxy
Ratchet
Call of Duty 4
Megaman ZX adventure.

I can't really put up a high quality top 5 so far this year. Temporary lay-offs, and finally, a permanent lay-off at my job has caused me to hardly have any free cash to spend on games. Also, the only two systems I own from this gen are Wii and DS. But here is the list I can cobble together from my meager recent additions to my collection...

Metroid Prime 3
RE4 Wii edition(though it shouldn't be considered for GotY since it's a re-release)
Super Paper Mario
The Godfather
SimCity DS

I imagine by the end of the year only Metroid Prime 3 will still be on my list, with games like Galaxy, Zelda PH, and Z&W taking their places.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

My list is going to be "abnormal":

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (playing with my wife)
2. Wii sports (been playing with my dad lately)
3. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (this one is for me alone)
4. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (finished this with my wife)

I will probably have to move a lot around by the time the year ends. Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 look really good. Zach and Wiki might be a buy as well.

Also, all of the above games are being played for the first time by me except A Link to the Past.