By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Whats your GoTY so far?

I haven't played Galaxy yet so I'm reserving that number 1 spot hehe.

1. -
2. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
3. Bioshock
4. Resistance: Fall of Man
5. Halo 3

Around the Network

Super Metroid (VC)

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

There are some heavy hitters that have yet to hit heavily (?), but from the games I've played

1. Halo 3
2.Metroid Prime 3 (forgive me Samus!)
3. R.E.4 Wii Edition
4. Bioshock
5. Geometry Wars (it's new to me)

FreeTalkLive rocks! said:
Twilight Princess came out last year. I cannot support Bioshock as game of the year because it is highly political in a way that I disagree with, it makes fun of Ayn Rand.

As a Libertarian and a huge Ayn Rand fan, BioShock is easily my GoTY thus far. It didn't make fun of Rand at all; it just used her writing as inspiration for Rapture. I thought the setting was brilliant and did Objectivism justice. I don't see why you think Irrational was mocking her.

The only game I forsee bumping off BioShock is Mass Effect or Super Mario Galaxy.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
Twilight Princess came out last year. I cannot support Bioshock as game of the year because it is highly political in a way that I disagree with, it makes fun of Ayn Rand.

As a Libertarian and a huge Ayn Rand fan, BioShock is easily my GoTY thus far. It didn't make fun of Rand at all; it just used her writing as inspiration for Rapture. I thought the setting was brilliant and did Objectivism justice. I don't see why you think Irrational was mocking her.

The only game I forsee bumping off BioShock is Mass Effect or Super Mario Galaxy.

I agree and I thought that Bioshock was reasonably objective ...

Bioshock is one of the few games I think that could actually be classified as speculative fiction, and like all good speculative fiction it creates a world based on a premise and explores the outcome. Bioshock's premise is "What would happen if you had a world were scientists were free from all moral codes and could manipulate what makes us human" ... In many ways the game reminds me of Frankenstein but I don't want to go into details

Around the Network

@ishy

I love you man! Super Metroid is one of my fav games ever.

anyway my list so far is:

1.Bioshock
2.Resident evil 4
3.Halo 3
4.Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass
5.Elite beat agents

I expect Mass Effect and SMG might be in there later on in the year.

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

1. Unreal tournament 3
2. The Orange Box
3. Folklore
4. Warhawk
5. Ratchet & Clank

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Portal. Amazingly, it beat TF2 for me.

Portal.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

rocketpig said:

I have to confirm this -- Bioshock does not ridicule Rand or Atlus Shrugged. I actually think they're promoting it, in a way. I wish more video games looked to classic literature for inspiration -- maybe it would influence a few people to pick up the original book.

On topic, I think the serious contenders this year are: Halo 3, Mario Galaxy, MP3, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed,  Ratchet and Clank, and the Orange Box. It's rather impressive that so many games have come out this year that are quality enough to possibly win this.

1. Bioshock
2. God of War II (surprised no mentioned this)
3. Halo 3
4. Odin Sphere
5. Heavenly Sword

Guys, Twilight Princess can NOT be a choice. It was released in 2006! Not 07!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.