By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Whats your GoTY so far?

Up till now what's your Game Of The Year!

Include your top 5! 

No trolling. This is your opinions. No need to follow the crowd. :)

Will update in December! 

Here's mine:

1. Halo 3   360

2.  Blue Dragon   360

3. Bioshock   360

4. Virtua Fighter 5   PS3

5. Twilight Princess    Wii 

Around the Network

WELL

Since I only have a Ps3:

1. Warhawk

2. Motorstorm

3. Resistance

Ask again at the end of the year

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

I only have 360 but I play VF5 at my mates all the time it's awsome. and Twilight princess me and my m8 finished together. Awesome. :)

Wind Waker (i know it wasn't released this year, but i bought it this year, definitely one of the better games i've played in quite some time)

I will only list games that I played entirely in 2007. (otherwise, Zelda TP would be number one)

1. Super Paper Mario (awesome, better than the reviews said imo)

2. Tales of Phantasia (one great Retro-RPG)

3. Excite Truck (great game, but the lack of good multiplayer modes is a big minus)

4. Lunar Knights (really funny, a good story and everything. absolutely worth the 20 bucks I spent on it)

5. Final Fantasy VI (another great Retro-RPG. note: since I am only ten hours into the game, I can't really judge it yet. If it continues like it started, it will reach at least place two)

Other games that I entirely played in 07:

Sonic and the Secret Rings
Wario Ware
Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2
Children of Mana
Final Fantasy IV

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Around the Network

1 Halo 3
2 Bioshock (pretty much 1 and 2 are tied)

from other consoles to be fair
3. Warhawk (looks like major fun)
4 Twilight (def wii top)
5 Metroid prime

this list will change at the end of the year

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

Does The Orange Box count as a single game?

I didn't think Twlight Princess was considered in the running for GOTY 2007. As it was released in 2006. I'll only mention games released in 2007.

1. Mass Effect
1. Super Mario Galaxy

3. Bioshock
4. Metroid Prime 3

I don't think I'd include any other titles. Really I feel its between Mass Effect and Super Mario Galaxy are actually in the running. The other 2 titles I named are just placeholders. Nothing else out there I think will compete with those 2 for it.

@nintendo_fanboy:

I envy you the experience of playing Final Fantasy VI for the first time. When I bought the GBA version, it was probably the sixth play-through for me (and another 50 hours well-spent). Definitely my all-time favorite game.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

1. Orange Box (PC)
2. Metroid Prime 3 (Wii)
3. Bioshock (PC)
4. Halo 3 (360)

However, I expect that my actual choice for GOTY will be between Orange Box and SMG. SMG isn't out yet though so I can't be sure.  Also, considering how much I loved KOTOR, Mass Effect has a chance too.