By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Whats your GoTY so far?

@naznatips:

I don't think that's necessarily true. If the early buzz for Galaxy is to be believed, and the game actually delivers on the potential, sites will have no choice but to acknowledge it.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
However, the sad truth is no matter how good the above 5 games are most places will give it to Halo 3 because that increases site traffic and gaming sites are in the business of making money.
 I don't know, IGN suprised everyone last year.  GOTY 1. Okami 2. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess 3. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.   I expect IGN to put SMG and RB above Halo 3. 

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

FreeTalkLive rocks! said:
Twilight Princess came out last year. I cannot support Bioshock as game of the year because it is highly political in a way that I disagree with, it makes fun of Ayn Rand.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
2. The Orange Box
3. Halo 3
4. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
5. Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

However, I guess Super Mario Galaxy will take 1st and Rock Band may end up as 2nd.

My 5 favorite games of the year are: yes, I just have a Wii :(
Guitar Hero III
Super Paper Mario
Kororinpa Marble Mania
Link’s Crossbow Training
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

Makes fun of? I thought it dealt with the same concept, in her anthem book or whatever, she like bioshock, says a perfect society is not possible, where everyone is equal etc. It shows in her book that every person is different and there needs to be individuality to survive, i thought bioshock at least touched those lines.

If im wrong please inform me, i never though it did

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

Don't have a top 5 but here's my top games for the year so far

1. Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars

2. The Orange Box

3. Halo 3 

The Philidelphia was not an accident. It was a merciful bullet to the head of a malignant ideology. It was the death of fear and the birth of hope. Rejoice, children of Nod, the blood of your oppressors will flow and fifty years of tyranny will finally end. Transformation is coming. A new day will dawn. The future... is ours

Yeah FTL, but IGN isn't really the norm. They are surprisingly willing to give artistic games like Okami GOTY. Almost everyone else gave it to Gears with the occasional toss to Twilight Princess by sites like Gametrailers. So I'm not worried about IGN or even Gametrailers. The places that bother me are 1UP, Gamespot, Game Pro, Game Informer, EGM, etc.

Oh well. Each of us has our own tastes, and there are so many great games coming out this year on all systems that I'm sure gamers will have lots of different GOTY choices, even if most review sites end up picking Halo 3. 2007 has been, and will continue to be, a great year to be a gamer on any system.

Around the Network

TOP 5 contenders on the PLAYSTATION 3

1.Ratchet and clank(ps3)

2.Haze(ps3)

3. Assasins creed(ps3,360)

4. Uncharted: Drake's fotune(ps3)

5. Half life 2:Orange box(360,ps3,pc)

TOP 5 OF ALL SYSTEMS

1.Bioshock(360,pc)

2.Super mario galaxy(wii)

3. Ratchet and clank(ps3)

4. Haze(ps3)

5. Halo 3(360,pc)

mM
GooseGaws said:
@nintendo_fanboy:

I envy you the experience of playing Final Fantasy VI for the first time. When I bought the GBA version, it was probably the sixth play-through for me (and another 50 hours well-spent). Definitely my all-time favorite game.

Yeah I understand that

Until now, the game is really great. I'm in the Magitek factory in Vector right now and everything that I have seen already was great. I am very happy that I like this game because I played FF IV in spring and didn't really like it. After that I feared that FF VI will be the same, but that did not happen fortunately.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Year to date would be a toss up between Metroid Prime 3 and Bioshock

1. Supreme Commander!!1!!!
2. God of War II
3. Warhawk
4. Heavenly Sword

Those ar ethe only games released this year that I've bought this year. I've bought other games too, but they're older ps2 titles I was trying to catch up on.

Super Mario Galaxy and Uncharted will definitely be bumping one of those off the list, making for a total of 5.

1. Puzzle Quest (DS)
2. Wind Waker
3. Picross DS
4. Pikmin
5. Resident Evil 4