By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Natal. Will we see an increase in console sales when it arrives?

selnor said:
CrazyHorse said:
Hyams said:
I reckon it'll attract the same sort of 'expanded audience' that made the Wii a success. Natal is being targeted at people who are 'intimidated by a controller', after all.

So yeah, I expect it will drive up 360 sales.

I think this is the biggest problem Natal faces. The 'expanded audience' crowd you think it is targeted at (and I agree with you there) are not the type of crowd that I would expect to buy more than one console (certainly not in this short a time frame).

The question is whether those people see the adverts and see Natal as an upgrade. Or the next best motion thing. The casual audience  is easily adopted via marketing. They aren't the same as the hardcore market. And 360's price is already good. If the ads make Wii feel inferior and old, it can work to M$ favour.

Yes I agree with that. MS's aggressive advertising campaign will work to Natal's favour as will the fact that the media already seem to love it. A cheap 360 model with Natal as a bundle would do extremely well I feel but I do wonder how much cheaper MS could go if Natal was included (not that it's a bad price now). Another bonus for Natal is that is seems to have generated more buzz among the more 'core' gamer market than the Wii did.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
selnor said:
Slimebeast said:
selnor said:
 What is Rare up to? A proper Banjo game with Natal would probably get alot of Wii owners to buy 360 to. All Nintendo gamers from old remeber Banjo 1 & 2 fondly.

You believe Banjo is a system seller? After the last sub 80% game I doubt it, not that it ever was.

You have to understand that Banjo was up there with Mario 64 as The Platformer of the gen. Alot of Nintendo owners know a Banjo game in that mould would be fantastic. It would definately intice some Nintendo gamers.

You can't really belive that though. Yes Banjo 1 sold a few millions but that was over a decade ago. Just like Tekken, Tonb Raider and other struggling franchises no one cares about Banjo any more. Not even Donkey Kong which is a Nintendo brand is guaranteed to sucess.

Hell yeah I belive it. The buzz around Banjo N&B when it was just a trailer first announced was amazing. Then when it was confirmed like 10% platformer people stopped the hype. And Donkey Kong has only ever been good in Rares hands. DKC1-3 were phenominal games as was DK64. Nintendo have made rubbish Donkey Kong games since Rare no longer have access. Thats why Donkey Kong is gone.

Rare needs a good ip.

Gintama is the funniest show EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proud owner of all currnet gen consoles.

I not a big wii fan

Okita the sadist.

^ selnor, I'd prefer new IP from Rare. Something that gives us hope it can sell 4-5 million. Let Banjo die.

I disagree as this is Sony's answer to MS price last year, it just took so long.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
deathbleachnarutodbz said:
Rare needs a good ip.

Rare has great IP's. They need to stick to their guns and not make changes because Nintendo do. Good Ip's as follows.

Jet Force Gemini

Blast Corps

Killer Instinct

Banjo Kazooie

Perfect Dark

Viva Pinata

All these games have been fantastic. But this gen changes have made the games completely unlike their originals. This has been Rares problem.

Give us fucking killer instict.

I not a big wii fan

Okita the sadist.

selnor said:
Rare needs a good ip.

Rare has great IP's. They need to stick to their guns and not make changes because Nintendo do. Good Ip's as follows.

Jet Force Gemini

Blast Corps

Killer Instinct

Banjo Kazooie

Perfect Dark

Viva Pinata

All these games have been fantastic. But this gen changes have made the games completely unlike their originals. This has been Rares problem.

uh no offence but iv only heard of tow games there,viva and banjo and i thouhgt they were more kiddies games BUT i dont have an xbox so...

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

but there not selling.

I not a big wii fan

Okita the sadist.

NKAJ said:
selnor said:
Rare needs a good ip.

Jet Force Gemini

Blast Corps

Killer Instinct

Banjo Kazooie

Perfect Dark

Viva Pinata

uh no offence but iv only heard of tow games there,viva and banjo and i thouhgt they were more kiddies games BUT i dont have an xbox so...

n64 days. :) Hard pushed to find any PS1 game in the realm of quality those titles had.