By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Natal. Will we see an increase in console sales when it arrives?

Sony have done a grand job of reintroducing PS3 in the Slim model. Whilst cutting the price. Here in UK you can find it for £229 at Toys R Us with a game. Considering it was £299 without a game, thats impressive.

Microsoft haven't really answered Sony at all. So are Microsoft keeping the low entry system point the same waiting for Natal release? We know Natal will come with the 360 out of the box, which will bode well for adoption rate and third parties creating games for it. I guess it depends on whether M$ inhouse games really show what sort of experiences are possible and if they are a fun as they look like they can be. If Natal launches in October period of 2010, we should see a wealth of third party games to. The mrketing has to be spot on. Already the media love it, so the hard part is essentially done.

So is M$ letting Sony have it's time this holiday, cutting it's losses and pinning it's console sales increase on Natal's arrival. If Natal captivates the casual gamer they could have a great sales increase on their hands. They seem to not be rushing it which is good for buyers ( RROD :) )

What do you guys think? Are M$ just biding their time? So when Natal relases the 360 is not cheap as chips?

Around the Network

If they advertise it very well, a bit like Nintendo but better, it could work.

Well yeah, remember there was a boost in Xbox 360 sales simply from the news that Natal existed at E3.

Tease.

I think a redesign is coming as well, remember they said they want to relaunch the system. It's going to be like a new console launch.

We shall see but I think a $99/£99 Arcade will do serious damage.

I think X360 can sell over 11 million units in 2010 thanks to Natal. Would be rufly 9 (-10) million without it.

Around the Network

I have a feeling that for the first time this gen M$ and Sony are not reacting to each other, but following there own plan. M$ could cut the entry price further and recieve alot of sales. But that would destory more profit if Natal takes of big time. They must have confidence in what is behind closed doors. What is Rare up to? A proper Banjo game with Natal would probably get alot of Wii owners to buy 360 to. All Nintendo gamers from old remeber Banjo 1 & 2 fondly.

I reckon it'll attract the same sort of 'expanded audience' that made the Wii a success. Natal is being targeted at people who are 'intimidated by a controller', after all.

So yeah, I expect it will drive up 360 sales.

Yes it will by over 100 percent.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Natal could possibly capture the casual market and that will drive XBos 360 sales into its fifth year and beyond. Natal launch to coincide with 5th year of XBox 360 in 2010. Natal could breathe new life into the X360.

selnor said:
 What is Rare up to? A proper Banjo game with Natal would probably get alot of Wii owners to buy 360 to. All Nintendo gamers from old remeber Banjo 1 & 2 fondly.

You believe Banjo is a system seller? After the last sub 80% game I doubt it, not that it ever was.