By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Natal. Will we see an increase in console sales when it arrives?

And don't forget that Sony's Motion control system will be first to hit, at least 6 months before Natal

Around the Network

It will do it job.

But the Wii already has most of the casuals.

When you hear somesay say "casual" you think of the wii

XxXProphecyXxX said:
ramses01 said:
If it is ready MS will definitely want to launch in Sept along with Halo Reach and Fable III to get the double bump from launch and the holidays.

Here is my proposed launch line-up.
79.99 Natal stand-alone with game
149 valhalla arcade w/ 2-4 GB flash- no natal (this SKU might not happen as MS may want to focus only on Natal)
199 valhalla arcade w/ 2-4 GB flash w/Natal and game
299 valhalla elite 250+gb, wireless, Natal and game
Natal launches with 15 games, 2-3 of which are awesome
For holiday, same mix with game bundles

This pretty much has to be their goals for next year. If they meet those goals, then I could see MS taking 1rst place from that point forward for the next 2-4 years.

Leme get this straight.....it's impossible for ps3 to catch the 360 with 8m gap but xbox has a chance of knocking the Wii out of first place with  a 20m+ gap? this is ridiculous.

Sigh, yet again people fail basic reading comprehension.  What part of "from that point forward" led you to think that I meant overtaking in total install base?

ramses01 said:
justinian said:
ramses01 said:
If it is ready MS will definitely want to launch in Sept along with Halo Reach and Fable III to get the double bump from launch and the holidays.

Here is my proposed launch line-up.
79.99 Natal stand-alone with game
149 valhalla arcade w/ 2-4 GB flash- no natal (this SKU might not happen as MS may want to focus only on Natal)
199 valhalla arcade w/ 2-4 GB flash w/Natal and game
299 valhalla elite 250+gb, wireless, Natal and game
Natal launches with 15 games, 2-3 of which are awesome
For holiday, same mix with game bundles

This pretty much has to be their goals for next year. If they meet those goals, then I could see MS taking 1rst place from that point forward for the next 2-4 years.

This is of course true in an fanboy ideal world where the competitors stay stagnant.

Do you honestly believe Nintendo and Sony are gonna just sit on their asses for the next 2-4 years while MS runs away with natal success - if it indeed proves to be successful.

I am not calling you a fanboy. It is just that the competition doesn't seem to exist in their world.

The prediction includes aggressive competion from S and N.  S or N will have to introduce some heretofore unknown game changer to alter the outcome if MS its the goals above.  There is nothing fanboyish about the prediction.  I used to do long term corporate strategy for a living, and I am extremely good at it.

Well base on your experiences you are a far better qualified than I am when it comes to predicting the future - based on the context.

Predicting the next hour is difficult for me as it stands so the next 2-4 yrs is out of the question.

With all due respect the graveyard is full "long term corporate strategist" that got it totally wrong.

I am not questioning your undoubted talent but will take the "wait and see" route and see if you are indeed right.

Then maybe in a couple years I will get you to come work for me...after i have made my first 100million of course.

PS: Once again the mention of "fanboy" was NOT directed towards you and I apologise if it came across as such.

no brand name
hardcore targeted console
too late (Soony wand will be here, perhaps something new for the wii too)

just too early to say

Time to Work !

Around the Network

libellule - I find it interesting that the Xbox has no brand name, has outsold the Playstation brand this generation.

Could you define how the Xbox 360 is a hardcore targeted console, when E rated games usually sell better on the Xbox 360?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Sweep said:

And don't forget that Sony's Motion control system will be first to hit, at least 6 months before Natal

The problem is firstly it won't be coming with every PS3 sold. 2nd casuals will see no difference in that and Wii. 3rdly Natal has stole all the media as the next best tech development. Also Sony wands hitting early is not a good thing. It was only prototype when showed at E3. So 3rd party support that early is going to be next to 0. Even if some comes out, it will be wii ports and that won't catch the attention of Wii casuals.

selnor said:
Sweep said:

The problem is firstly it won't be coming with every PS3 sold. 2nd casuals will see no difference in that and Wii. 3rdly Natal has stole all the media as the next best tech development. Also Sony wands hitting early is not a good thing. It was only prototype when showed at E3. So 3rd party support that early is going to be next to 0. Even if some comes out, it will be wii ports and that won't catch the attention of Wii casuals.

Man, you've been attending a lot of sony meetings. You know so much.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

The people most interested in the experience NATAL provides are the ones most likely to already own a Wii.

psrock said:
selnor said:
Sweep said:

Man, you've been attending a lot of sony meetings. You know so much.

Sony confirmd at E3 it was only a prototype, and needed more work for accuracy. The media part is common knowledge as we have all seen. And wands in your hand will definately be compared to Wii. Natal has the advantage to look newer and the next step to casual wii owners. Because the controller is done away with. This is fairly easy to work out. It's not a stab at the wands ( I think they will be better than wii, and hardcore gamers will benefit more than casual ).