By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What the hell is up with infamous

bonkers555 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
mrstickball said:
I'd say Prototype launching alongside it didn't help.

Throw in the fact it was a PS3 exclusive, and that didn't help a ton either. Oh wow, I had no idea that inFamous was re-adjusted. Here, I thought it had outsold Crackdown. Ouch. Bomba.

Amazing that mods can get away with trolling.

Anywho, the game is selling fantastically. It's having really steady sales, and it's well on its way to a million. What more could you want? This game had next to no hype until shortly before release (say, 2 weeks or so), and even then, it wasn't that big. I'd say it's doing great.

No HYPE?  Are you kidding?  It was advertise on ESPN on was TNT during the NBA playoffs. 

Don't kid yourself.

Around the Network

Good games do not necessarily receive good sales. This has been proven time and time again while unique games like infamous, metroid and castlevania receive "poor" (in comparison of course) sales to games that are nothing special. Review scores are the same way. inFAMOUS was a classic, a masterpiece if you will. Deserved 93+ on metacritic but it got hated on for being a ps3 exclusive. It's eons better than crackdown and prototype, infact its right up there with GTA 4 in terms of quality. Story blows GTA4 completely away, as does game play.

It's my GOTY for sure.

inverted3reality said:
Good games do not necessarily receive good sales. This has been proven time and time again while unique games like infamous, metroid and castlevania receive "poor" (in comparison of course) sales to games that are nothing special. Review scores are the same way. inFAMOUS was a classic, a masterpiece if you will. Deserved 93+ on metacritic but it got hated on for being a ps3 exclusive. It's eons better than crackdown and prototype, infact its right up there with GTA 4 in terms of quality. Story blows GTA4 completely away, as does game play.

It's my GOTY for sure.

Don't insult inFamous by saying it was equal in quality to GTA IV. It didn't get hated on for being a PS3 exclusive by most reviewers, it's just a select few that Metacritic always uses. Metacritic is a useless gauge of quality, because half of the sites have no idea how to write a review, and some just have an inherent bias.

And I don't get this dislike of Prototype. It's actually really good. Nearly as good as inFamous. The story makes no sense, but it has something which so few games nowaday have- it's actually enjoyable. You enjoy playing it.

My GoTY so far is Killzone 2 but either R&C or Uncharted 2 will take that spot soon.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

The sales are good and it will hit 1 million soon. With price reduced as platinum and holidays coming up i think it can hit 2 million lifetime.

The stupidity and sheer lack of information of the topic makes me want to cry....

Please, make some study of the games that you compare before you make a thread like this

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

I love Infamous!

starcraft said:
It's sales have certainly been disappointing, but I don't think they are bad.

I just hope they're enough to get a sequel.

Hahaha, all depends on what side of the fence you're on.

In reality, that's nonsense. It launched during a particularly slow time, not only of the year, but also for the gaming industry as a whole.

To have sold 840,000 in the space of the slow, summer months then is, if anything, a good achievement.

Nobody has really explained why inFamous was a sales disappointment. It had good hype, yes. But it's selling accordingly. It looks like it could easily reach 1.5 million at least, and it will surely make a profit. Again, no good explanations. This must be what it's like to be a Wii fan.

MontanaHatchet said:
Nobody has really explained why inFamous was a sales disappointment. It had good hype, yes. But it's selling accordingly. It looks like it could easily reach 1.5 million at least, and it will surely make a profit. Again, no good explanations. This must be what it's like to be a Wii fan.

...well, just look at these guys post about other ps3 exclusives. They all are bad sales

Dinomax said:
It was released on ""that system""

""that system"" is much better than the ""other system"" which has cruddy games.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...