By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What the hell is up with infamous

i say What the hell with Sony's owned IPs?
they never sold much only GT.
look at killzone 2 that game got alot alot of attention and it deserves way more sales.

Around the Network

It was released on ""that system""

What is that suppose to mean dinomax?

People taking game sales a little too seriously. So Infamous sells over 1 million lifetime sales - pretty good IMO.

new games rarely make high selling games. Established titles or something with a number in it will do far better.

Around the Network

People don't know what is good for them.... It wasn't a great time to release a game, and with Prototype around the corner, but I just hope it keeps selling because it is a fantastic game, and Sega Superstars Tennis was bundled

Looks like it's selling fine to me. Hasn't dropped below 10k in America yet.

I pay attention and I kept getting it and Prototype mixed up in the head. No marketing beyond the hardcore, really. New IP. Slow time of year. Bad economy.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Dinomax said:
It was released on ""the system that does everything""

Fixed.

I don't think the PS3 has a hard time selling software. In fact, I think it's on part with the 360.

I DO, however, think the PS3, and the Wii, have a much harder time launching new IP's, than does the Xbox.

I'm not sure why, but gamers, and a vast majority of PS3/Wii owners, want games they've played before, in new versions, much more than they want new and interesting IPs. So do 360 owners, of course, but they are also willing to buy new IPs. Look at the success of games like even Shadow Complex, to name a recent one.

I think that MS has the ability to launch a new IP marketing campaign on a much broader scale.

Also, I think that despite it being an unpopular idea, America still launches entertainment trends in gaming, and having a wide following in America, can quickly spread to europe, so launching a new IP like Fable, and having it be instantly popular in America, can cause worldwise success, and create an instant franchise.

If MS launched Infamous on the 360 and marketed it as a top tier game, it would have sold much better, imo.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.