By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 Version Of FFXIII Downgraded Due To 360

leo-j said:

Selnor you have to be joking, you used a low quality ign video and compared it to a high quality G4 video... on youtube

It's already been proven that the graphics argument is dead or dying. No more proof is needed.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
rafichamp said:
^^haze graphics were good, there storyline just sucked and their voice acting sounded like the guys from resident evil 1

OMG dude, Haze's graphics sucked. Read a review or play the game.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

darklich13 said:

It will be great on both systems. This is all just speculation. FFVII was multidisc and and every location could be revisited on the third disc with exception to some areas that where store related.

The point is target renders are seldem reached for any game. 

To quote OP "The same can even be said for games such as Lost Odyssey on the Xbox 360, due to the space constraints of the DVD, the majority of side-quests appeared on the final disc."

Yes most of the side quests were on the final disc, but so was every town and location.  What takes up the most space is Audio and FMV.

Also, a lot of JRPG and WRPG games on one disc don't let you revisit a lot of locations.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
sugarEXpress said:

NOW i understand why every PS3 fanboy saying that VersusXII will be the mother and father of god without seeing more than 3 sec of FMV in 20 different trailers showing absolutely nothing.

The reason is, because it's a PS3 exclusive.

Before the multiplatfor announcement, the only two people I know who were looking forward to Verses as much as XIII on this forum, were probably LeoJ and Soriku.

You just cant resist can you?

Maybe, just maybe... they want it more because it looks awesome, and people have seen more of the game since FF13 Multiplat?

rafichamp said:
^^if u look at recent screenshots the graphics have been downgraded soo much

What a bunch of freaking babies

If it's good game you won't even notice

Around the Network

Lets also not forget the prerelease shots for Crysis

Now Crysis is still the best looking game outthere but it did not reach its target renders.

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

darklich13 said:

First off you can't judge a game by pre released shots.  Take for instance Haze.

Look at how great this game looked prerelease.  I'm sure you all know how this game turned out.

Also, Lost Odyssey is a 4 disc game and every location is on the 4th disc.  By the time you get the White Boa you can travel to every location in the world without putting in the other discs. Now you might say you had to wait until the forth disc to get the white boa but when was the last time you played a RPG that allowed you to visit every location right from the start.

Although if I remember right Lost Odyssey didn't have too many CGI cutscenes (which take massive amount of space).  FFXIII is probably full of CGI cutscenes.

Carl2291 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
sugarEXpress said:

NOW i understand why every PS3 fanboy saying that VersusXII will be the mother and father of god without seeing more than 3 sec of FMV in 20 different trailers showing absolutely nothing.

Before the multiplatfor announcement, the only two people I know who were looking forward to Verses as much as XIII on this forum, were probably LeoJ and Soriku.

Maybe, just maybe... they want it more because it looks awesome, and people have seen more of the game since FF13 Multiplat?

A few things.

1. FFXIII was one of the most hyped game on the PS3.

2. Now, a large number of PS3 fans use any excuse they can to flame the game(like this thread) and the company(this thread), which they would never do to a game or company that was still PS3 exclusive.

3. The day it was announced multiplat, the vast majority of PS3 fanboys claimed that they were instead looking forward to Verses more.

4. Despite the fact that we, at the time, didn't know much about the game, besides its developer.

5. Some people in this thread have openly claimed that they are looking forward to verses more, because, and only because it's a PS3 exclusive.

6. Many, many people in this thread are claiming that XIII is much worse, and they might not buy it now, because, and only because, it's multiplat.

My opinion formed based off of those assumptions.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Carl2291 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
sugarEXpress said:

A few things.

1. FFXIII was one of the most hyped game on the PS3.
It still is

2. Now, a large number of PS3 fans use any excuse they can to flame the game(like this thread) and the company(this thread), which they would never do to a game or company that was still PS3 exclusive.
The company gets flamed because of a HUGE lack of PS3 support from them. The game gets flamed because as people say, the graphics aren't as good as people thought they would be.

3. The day it was announced multiplat, the vast majority of PS3 fanboys claimed that they were instead looking forward to Verses more.
I cant really say anything on this... i wasnt here.

4. Despite the fact that we, at the time, didn't know much about the game, besides its developer.
see above

5. Some people in this thread have openly claimed that they are looking forward to verses more, because, and only because it's a PS3 exclusive.
A lot of people think Exclusives > Multiplats, so what?

6. Many, many people in this thread are claiming that XIII is much worse, and they might not buy it now, because, and only because, it's multiplat.
No, not just because ts Multiplat... its what being multiplat has apparently done to the game. Worse graphics, lack of Japanese voices, lack of free roam. Or whatever.

My opinion formed based off of those assumptions.
Fair enough, its your opinion... but please dont make it sound like most people only want Versus more because it's exclusive.

Multiple discs = Higher cost.
It's in SE's economic interest to downgrade the game to fit on as few DVD's as possible, as the game will always be retailed at the average game price.
Fewer DVDs (Smaller game) = Higher profit for SE. Simple.
Thanks 360 for making another game smaller.