By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 Version Of FFXIII Downgraded Due To 360

Mazty said:
Multiple discs = Higher cost.
It's in SE's economic interest to downgrade the game to fit on as few DVD's as possible, as the game will always be retailed at the average game price.
Fewer DVDs (Smaller game) = Higher profit for SE. Simple.
Thanks 360 for making another game smaller.

incredible...you didnt read anything that was posted debunking the OP's post? Because you wouldn't be saying that....

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:

A few things.

1. FFXIII was one of the most hyped game on the PS3.

2. Now, a large number of PS3 fans use any excuse they can to flame the game(like this thread) and the company(this thread), which they would never do to a game or company that was still PS3 exclusive.

3. The day it was announced multiplat, the vast majority of PS3 fanboys claimed that they were instead looking forward to Verses more.

4. Despite the fact that we, at the time, didn't know much about the game, besides its developer.

5. Some people in this thread have openly claimed that they are looking forward to verses more, because, and only because it's a PS3 exclusive.

6. Many, many people in this thread are claiming that XIII is much worse, and they might not buy it now, because, and only because, it's multiplat.

My opinion formed based off of those assumptions.

The reason why PS3/X360 owners, and even Wii owners, get agitated over exclusivity vs multiplat is simple. Multiplat games breed mediocrity. If every game is on every console then there is no reason to buy anything but the cheapest console. FF games are important to alot of people, they have been console pushers. So its perfectly understandable why those who want to see their console to succeed would get it exclusively. If it had remained PS3 exclusive I guarantee PS3 would have at least 500k more sold and X360 500k less sold, at least.

I own all three consoles and I still would rather have more games be exclusive than multiplat. When a studio can focus all its energy on one platform it can get it done faster and better. When they have to spread the work around to three platforms you can bet they will cut corners, give up content, make decisions they would otherwise not have made.

1. FF games have been some of the best games ever.

2. Pretty much every game/console has its haters. Thats just normal. Given how high profile it is, it just has more haters and lovers.

3. Read the paragraphs above. A multiplat game isn't going to give an advantage to one console over the other and thats what alot of people care about on this site.

4. Same as above.

5. Same as above.

6. They are lying little bastards. They are just depressed because the exclusive hype they felt is gone. The PS3 game is not going to be the clear best of the two games (a kind of exclusivity) and thus they feel deflated. In the end if they were true FF fans they will buy it, play it, love it, and kiss SE feet again for another decade. I know I will. 

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Wow...i had no idea...square-enix just shot themselves in the leg.....who cares if the xbox version was inferior, its on an inferior system- what they scared about embarrassing themselves...they just did and look like idiots. I'm not taking this too far but i may just may skip this BS- its a recession, don't have time to waste money on an inferior product. There are too many great quality-Blu-Ray games coming out competing for my dollars. Square-enix will lose a few thousand buyers after they read this article and see that interview, and a few thousand multiplied by about $45 is a lot of mullah.

Carl2291 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Carl2291 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
sugarEXpress said:

NOW i understand why every PS3 fanboy saying that VersusXII will be the mother and father of god without seeing more than 3 sec of FMV in 20 different trailers showing absolutely nothing.

The reason is, because it's a PS3 exclusive.

Before the multiplatfor announcement, the only two people I know who were looking forward to Verses as much as XIII on this forum, were probably LeoJ and Soriku.

The reason is, because it's a PS3 exclusive.

You just cant resist can you?

Maybe, just maybe... they want it more because it looks awesome, and people have seen more of the game since FF13 Multiplat?

A few things.

1. FFXIII was one of the most hyped game on the PS3.
It still is

2. Now, a large number of PS3 fans use any excuse they can to flame the game(like this thread) and the company(this thread), which they would never do to a game or company that was still PS3 exclusive.
The company gets flamed because of a HUGE lack of PS3 support from them. The game gets flamed because as people say, the graphics aren't as good as people thought they would be.

3. The day it was announced multiplat, the vast majority of PS3 fanboys claimed that they were instead looking forward to Verses more.
I cant really say anything on this... i wasnt here.

4. Despite the fact that we, at the time, didn't know much about the game, besides its developer.
see above

5. Some people in this thread have openly claimed that they are looking forward to verses more, because, and only because it's a PS3 exclusive.
A lot of people think Exclusives > Multiplats, so what?

6. Many, many people in this thread are claiming that XIII is much worse, and they might not buy it now, because, and only because, it's multiplat.
No, not just because ts Multiplat... its what being multiplat has apparently done to the game. Worse graphics, lack of Japanese voices, lack of free roam. Or whatever.

Fair enough, its your opinion... but please dont make it sound like most people only want Versus more because it's exclusive.

this dude zenfoldor is anoying, he says that people are elitist 4 wanting the final result of the game as should be in the original PS3 programing, is ok for FF13 being multiplatform, what's the word for what MS is doing so both games look equal in both consoles? that they have the same, if the original version for the PS3 had a lot more things, downgrading the PS3 version? 1 word I can use is sabotage!!!

And if someone is trying to say that the game will be better because of the money from MS I find it very unlikely because the game was in production when MS buy it , and everything was planned the story, music, programing, since pre-production.

I go more for the reduction of sequences, reduction of sound quality, visual effects, and textures. and no extras like the japanesse voice acting that I don't care. everything done to fit on # of dvds. and so both look the same because the PS3 version won't make look bad the 360 version.

F.U. Fun University.

Around the Network
darklich13 said:

Lets also not forget the prerelease shots for Crysis

Now Crysis is still the best looking game outthere but it did not reach its target renders.

uh, yes it did, through mods anyways, people eventually had powerful enough computers to do the stuff on the right on PCs, it was just too ahead of its time when it first came out. btw, assuming I still had my 360(finally sold it, whoohoo!) I'd still go PS3 with FF13 just because it's on blu ray and would make my life easier.

leo-j said:

Selnor you have to be joking, you used a low quality ign video and compared it to a high quality G4 video... on youtube

Man come on. This is a rediculous thread. One pic comes from a DVD released, which is proven to be from 2006 now and everyone forgets completely that at E3 whether it was IGN or Gamespot, Gametrailers or Gamersyde they all said the 360 version looked identical to the PS3 version. Seriously, people here forget what they want to. The fact that dual languages etc aren't appearing on PS3 is nothing to do with the 360 version. It's lazy SE that we have to blame for that. People need to move on. We have multiple confirmations on the graphics side that 360 version is the same. You only have to look at any E3 M$ coverage from any site to know that.

Jeez people.

yeahya MS might have finally succeeded to bury that IP.... time to get something starting by one and not thirteen..... something new and refreshing from SE could be nice for once.... one thing for sure it's if they downgrade PS3 version it's not because of the XB... but because they are cheap and don't want to invest more on the PS dev...

the tweak on graphic quality is solvable easily much like the choice you get on a PC depending on your config and it doesn't affect the rest of the game.... audio compressed audio canbe used on XB and i defy more than 10% of the readers to have at the same time the equipment and the ears to pinpoint an ounce of difference.... and about cut scene and free roaming same thing PS3 shouldn't be concerned and XB should just have to switch DVDs....

in other words there isn't a single valid reason to downgrade anything between PS and XB beside saving cost... and that's in no way the fault of XB but SE and Sony... SE for being cheap on PS owners and Sony on not making the console cost efficient.... how does it feel to be let down :D

*proud owner of a 360*

PS1: this is utter fanboy provocation on purpose, so feel free to catch the bandwagon :P
PS2: I'm flame proof lol :P

What a bunch of fanboy bullshit, I think I'm about done with this forum

Carl2291 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

A lot of people think Exclusives > Multiplats, so what?

No, not just because ts Multiplat... its what being multiplat has apparently done to the game. Worse graphics, lack of Japanese voices, lack of free roam. Or whatever.

Fair enough, its your opinion... but please dont make it sound like most people only want Versus more because it's exclusive.

My argument is that people want verses MORE because it's exclusive, and that's the reason it is as hyped as it is.

The two statements I've bolded seem to contradict each other. Apparently, so people do want it because it's exclusive, but I shouldn't make it sound like that?

Why not? So I can be PC?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.