By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 Version Of FFXIII Downgraded Due To 360

gera4390 said:
Carl2291 said:

this dude zenfoldor is anoying, he says that people are elitist 4 wanting the final result of the game as should be in the original PS3 programing, is ok for FF13 being multiplatform, what's the word for what MS is doing so both games look equal in both consoles? that they have the same, if the original version for the PS3 had a lot more things, downgrading the PS3 version? 1 word I can use is sabotage!!!

I think people are selfish for wanting FFXIII exclusivity, in order to keep the extra language feature, as well as a few small upgrades. Yes.

And if someone is trying to say that the game will be better because of the money from MS I find it very unlikely because the game was in production when MS buy it , and everything was planned the story, music, programing, since pre-production.

The game will make more money because it's on the 360, and more people will get to play it, and there will be more money for the next FF game, and for verses. Yes, all of that is true.

I go more for the reduction of sequences, reduction of sound quality, visual effects, and textures. and no extras like the japanesse voice acting that I don't care. everything done to fit on # of dvds. and so both look the same because the PS3 version won't make look bad the 360 version.

None of those differences are that significant, and they won't decide if the game is good or not, the actual gameplay, story, and quality will. Those are just things people whine about when they're waiting for the game.

That dude Zenfoldor totally doesn't accept the playbook. He's so anti-Sony, and sees our motivations behind our posts.

Damn his black heart.

How dare he want more people to get FFXIII, and SE to make more money off the game for future projects, at the costs our 7.1, which our home theaters don't even support, and our japanese language, which we don't even speak, and our graphical difference which doesn't really exist..

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Oops, double post. Sorry for posting so much in a row. Had a bunch of questions tossed at me. One more and I'm through. See below.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

dharh said:

Multiplat games breed mediocrity.

The best games this generation, are multiplats, or timed exclusives, with ports.

Bioshock

GTAIV

Fallout 3

Braid

Mass Effect

Gears of War

Left 4 Dead

The Orange Box

RE5

Modern Warfare

Arkham Asylum

Their graphics have also been astounding.

If those games were mediocre, it certainly wasn't because they were mulitplat.

In fact, like with FFXIII, those games were developed for a more powerful system, and then ported down. Those games are still the best games this generation.

All PS3 games could be easily ported to the PC, with upgrades. Most of the best exclusives on the PS3 don't have many features that take advantage of the consoles' exclusive strength, BR.

People prefer exclusives, because this gen, we are fans of consoles, not games, and while games are fun for a while, consoles are fun forever, so we support the console over the game, everytime.

Losing exclusivity, means that we hate the game, and didn't want it anyway.

I understand your argument. That multiplat games can't be optimized to the PS3 because of BR. The best 3rd party games, now and in the future, will be multiplat, to the benefit of all gamers. You'll just have to get over any inconviniences this causes you.

The most hyped games this generation are exclusive. I'll give you that. However, those games aren't the "best" games this gen because they are on the 360, Wii, or PS3. They are great games because they have had an assload of money dumped on them, because they are exclusive.

Multiplats, with equal assloads dumped, have similar results.

You really think that LBP couldn't have been done as well on the PC, or the 360? Maybe you do, but....

...do you think Galaxy, or Gears 2 couldn't be done as well on the PS3?

I think if you follow that thought, your argument quickly becomes, "only PS3 exclusives don't breed mediocrity," and then guess where your headed with that attitude?

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
dharh said:

Multiplat games breed mediocrity.

The best games this generation, are multiplats, or timed exclusives, with ports.

Bioshock

GTAIV

Fallout 3

Braid

Mass Effect

Gears of War

Left 4 Dead

The Orange Box

RE5

Modern Warfare

Arkham Asylum

Their graphics have also been astounding.

If those games were mediocre, it certainly wasn't because they were mulitplat.

In fact, like with FFXIII, those games were developed for a more powerful system, and then ported down. Those games are still the best games this generation.

All PS3 games could be easily ported to the PC, with upgrades. Most of the best exclusives on the PS3 don't have many features that take advantage of the consoles' exclusive strength, BR.

People prefer exclusives, because this gen, we are fans of consoles, not games, and while games are fun for a while, consoles are fun forever, so we support the console over the game, everytime.

Losing exclusivity, means that we hate the game, and didn't want it anyway.

I understand your argument. That multiplat games can't be optimized to the PS3 because of BR. The best 3rd party games, now and in the future, will be multiplat, to the benefit of all gamers. You'll just have to get over any inconviniences this causes you.

The most hyped games this generation are exclusive. I'll give you that. However, those games aren't the "best" games this gen because they are on the 360, Wii, or PS3. They are great games because they have had an assload of money dumped on them, because they are exclusive.

Multiplats, with equal assloads dumped, have similar results.

You really think that LBP couldn't have been done as well on the PC, or the 360? Maybe you do, but....

...do you think Galaxy, or Gears 2 couldn't be done as well on the PS3?

I think if you follow that thought, your argument quickly becomes, "only PS3 exclusives don't breed mediocrity," and then guess where your headed with that attitude?

I don't fault you for thinking I only want PS3 exclusives, id be fine if its split 3 ways evenly. I think LBP is better for the fact that its only on one system. If it were on both PS3 and X360 then some of the features and graphics would have had to be cut and/or it would have had to be delayed. Same for Galaxy, same for Gears 1/2. I do use the term mediocrity a little loosely. FFXIII is going to be awesome, I've already stated that many times, I think however, it will not live up to the potential it could have had if all the effort had been made to make it work on one system alone.

At the very least spend all your time and effort on one system, get it done and out the door. Then after that, port it over to the other system, focusing all your teams efforts on that systems version. When you try to make both games basically the same, even though both systems are different, you get two version of the game that are not the best they could be on either system.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Zen you be the first to say Resident Evil 5 is one of the best games this gen

Around the Network

i cant beleive this is still open, it's unbelievable that so called gamers give so much importance to so a bullshit topic

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Carl2291 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

5. Some people in this thread have openly claimed that they are looking forward to verses more, because, and only because it's a PS3 exclusive.
A lot of people think Exclusives > Multiplats, so what?

6. Many, many people in this thread are claiming that XIII is much worse, and they might not buy it now, because, and only because, it's multiplat.
No, not just because ts Multiplat... its what being multiplat has apparently done to the game. Worse graphics, lack of Japanese voices, lack of free roam. Or whatever.

My opinion formed based off of those assumptions.
Fair enough, its your opinion... but please dont make it sound like most people only want Versus more because it's exclusive.

My argument is that people want verses MORE because it's exclusive, and that's the reason it is as hyped as it is.

The two statements I've bolded seem to contradict each other. Apparently, so people do want it because it's exclusive, but I shouldn't make it sound like that?

Why not? So I can be PC?

With the first bolded i meant quality-wise, not want-wise(if thats even a word?). But i can see how its easily read wrong.

I just dont think its fair to the people who really do want Versus more, for you to just say its because its Exclusive.

AnarchyWest said:
Zen you be the first to say Resident Evil 5 is one of the best games this gen

Graphically. Sorry I didn't make that clear. I think I said something like "If these games were mediocre, it wasn't because they weren't on BR."

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Carl2291 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Carl2291 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

5. Some people in this thread have openly claimed that they are looking forward to verses more, because, and only because it's a PS3 exclusive.
A lot of people think Exclusives > Multiplats, so what?

6. Many, many people in this thread are claiming that XIII is much worse, and they might not buy it now, because, and only because, it's multiplat.
No, not just because ts Multiplat... its what being multiplat has apparently done to the game. Worse graphics, lack of Japanese voices, lack of free roam. Or whatever.

My opinion formed based off of those assumptions.
Fair enough, its your opinion... but please dont make it sound like most people only want Versus more because it's exclusive.

My argument is that people want verses MORE because it's exclusive, and that's the reason it is as hyped as it is.

The two statements I've bolded seem to contradict each other. Apparently, so people do want it because it's exclusive, but I shouldn't make it sound like that?

Why not? So I can be PC?

With the first bolded i meant quality-wise, not want-wise(if thats even a word?). But i can see how its easily read wrong.

I just dont think its fair to the people who really do want Versus more, for you to just say its because its Exclusive.

Hell noez. I know people want Verses because it's a great FF game.

I'm saying that a ton of PS3 fans CLAIM they want Verses more(or maybe they really believe it by now), because it's a PS3 exclusive, and even if XIII would have been upgraded by the multiplat deal, they still wouldn't want it as much as verses, because it's now multiplat, and not helping the PS3 as much as it could have.

Of course there are going to be a number of people who support the game that most helps their console. Let's at least confirm that out in public, shall we?

That's all I'm saying, and it's the truth, to some extent, and an opinion to some extent, but I think it's valid.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

slowmo said:
What a bunch of fanboy bullshit, I think I'm about done with this forum

No shit!!  So much fucking stupidity in this thread!  I think this thread made me lose what little faith I had left in humanity